Posted by Craig on February 17, 2017 11:41 am
The Vancouver Park Board is in the final stages of preparing a Strategy for Dogs in Parks. Dogs are amazing companions, but they can cause major problems on sports fields with holes and waste.
To help ensure our fields remain as safe and playable as possible, we ask all VUL members to consider providing their feedback to the Park Board on this strategy.
View the Park Board Strategy page for background.
1. One way to provide feedback is the Online Survey. It closes on March 10th.
In your feedback, please highlight the importance of keeping dogs off sports fields (including secure fencing), no digging, and the removal of all dog waste. You can also highlight specific fields where you've encountered problems as a player.
2. You can also share your thoughts in person at an Open House:
- Sat Feb 18, 1:00 - 4:00 pm, Kitsilano Community Centre, Snowy’s Lounge
- Mon Feb 20, 5:30 - 8:30 pm, Wise Hall (1882 Adanac Street)
- Sat Feb 25, 1:00 - 4:00 pm, River District Showroom (8683 Kerr Street next to Romer’s Burger Bar)
- Wed Mar 1, 5:30 - 8:30 pm, Central Vancouver Public Library (350 West Georgia Street)
- Sat Mar 4, 1:00 - 4:00 pm, PNE, The Hastings Room (next to the parking lot by Sanctuary Pond in Hastings Park)
If you have any questions, you can contact the Executive Director via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you in advance!