Posted by Kristine Salzmann on June 20, 2020 9:00 pm
Join our team this summer and get paid to coach!
We’re looking for a few energetic and organized individuals to share their love of ultimate. We have fun programs planned for youth and adults, and due to strong interest we need a few more people to help us out!
Give back to the community you love, get outside under blue skies, gain valuable experience, and earn some extra cash. If you’re concerned about health risks, we’ll provide plenty of support to ensure you and all participants stay safe.
Youth Ultimate Openings
Share your passion for ultimate with children and teens ages 8-18. Apply your energy and leadership skills to one of these positions:
- Youth Day Camp Instructor - Deliver day camps to children ages 8-14 in July and August. Each camp runs Mon-Fri from 9am-4pm with a 1 hour lunch.
- Youth Skills Series Instructor - Similar to the Camp Instructor role, but these Series run weekly. We have U14 Girls and U19 on Sunday mornings, and U19 on Wednesday evenings.
Read more about our Summer Youth programs if needed. Apply to William Arlotta, our Youth Programs Manager, via email@example.com by July 1. Feel free to contact us if you're only available part of the time, too.
Adult Ultimate Openings
Work with two of the best coaches in Canada: Mauro Ortiz and Jen Nicholls! We're offering Camps and Clinics for Beginner and Intermediate players.
- Adult Camp Instructor - Join Mauro and his team to run our Summer Camps on Tuesdays & Thursdays in July & August. Apply to Mauro via firstname.lastname@example.org before July 1.
- Adult Clinic Instructor - Join Jen to help run 2-hour Skills Clinics for all levels in Vancouver and Surrey on various days in July. Apply to Jen via email@example.com before July 1.
Benefits & Perks
The pay is $20-$25/hour, dependent on experience. This year Youth Instructors will also receive:
- Credit toward an NCCP workshop or a First Aid course of your choice
- A VUL reversible jersey
And, gain experience with:
- program design, planning and execution
- team building, mentorship, and results-based management skills
- role modelling and youth empowerment
We are adhering to provincial guidelines from viaSport and BC Ultimate. These safety measures include:
- Running all programs outdoors
- Limiting the number of participants
- Modified drills and activities to maintain physical distancing
- Minimal sharing of equipment (VUL-provided discs only)
- Providing hand sanitizer and scheduling sanitation breaks
- Providing a checklist to participants so they can self-administer a health check before each session
Contact us today if you have any questions! We look forward to hearing from you.