Posted by Marketing Manager on July 4, 2019 3:42 pm
The VUL is supporting research about adolescent girls’ experiences and well-being in sport to improve participation. Below is a letter from one of the researchers, Libbie Pritchard who is looking for girls age 13-17.
Dear VUL Youth Members, Coaches and Parents,
My name is Elizabeth Pritchard and I am a researcher in the School of Kinesiology at the University of British Columbia. I am part of a research team that is conducting a study to examine adolescent girls’ experiences and well-being in sport. In particular, we are investigating relationships among body-related emotions, perceptions of competence, and sport participation outcomes. The goal of this project is to collect information that may help to design future programs that improve female adolescent sport participation. Currently, we are recruiting 270 adolescent females (13 to 17 years old) from around the Lower Mainland to complete an online survey, and we are asking VUL Youth athletes if they would like to participate.
If a VUL athlete is interested in participating:
- Please read the attached participant assent form as well as the parental consent form.
- A parent/guardian of the athlete must sign the consent form. Additionally, this form asks for the email of the athlete, which will be used to send the survey link.
- This form can be returned to me via email or mail (information provided on parental consent form).
- After the parental consent form is returned, the athlete will receive an email with a link and password to an online survey that they can complete at home on their own time (approximately 20 minutes).
- Athletes will also be entered into a draw to win a $25 gift card to SportChek.
* All answers are anonymous and confidential and the athlete has the right to withdraw from the study at any point in time.
Elizabeth (Libbie) Pritchard, BA
MA Graduate Student
School of Kinesiology
University of British Columbia
Contact Number: 604-314-0863