Posted by League Manager on November 28, 2019 10:11 am
We’ve expanded our options for youth once again!
Weekly Skills Series - Fun & Development
This winter we are offering three Skills programs from January to March: U19, U16, and U14. Our energetic and experienced instructors are looking forward to fun and action-packed Sundays this winter – morning, afternoon, and evening! Spread the word to parents and players you know that registration opens on December 5.
1. Winter U14 Skills Program: This Sunday morning co-ed program is a fun and inexpensive way for children ages 9 to 13 to learn the foundational skills for ultimate. We create groups based on the participants’ skill levels, and they will learn techniques and strategies from skilled coaches and then practice them in games.
2. Winter U16 Skills Program (NEW!): Due to the popularity of our skills programs, we’ve added another age group and time – participants aged 13 to 15 can sign up for this Sunday afternoon program full of drills, activities, and games that are fun, functional and run by welcoming instructors.
3. Winter U19 Skills Program: Players aged 16 to 18 will enjoy both skills clinics and game play using our 5-on-5 turf format, which allows players to get more touches on the disc. This Sunday evening program is offered on both the west and east sides of Vancouver. Follow the link to learn more!
Misfit Winter Program - Elite Training
A program to develop Vancouver's elite youth ultimate players during the winter in preparation for the summer club season.
Prevent injuries and build strength to become better, faster, and stronger!
- On-field practices to develop ultimate-specific skills
- Off-field workouts for strength and injury prevention - created by professionals and tailored for ultimate players.
- 5:1 player to coach ratio
- Opportunity to compete in a youth tournament in March.
Space is limited. Read more and register asap.
Week-Long Spring Camps - Fun & Development
We’re excited to offer our week-long Spring Break Camps again in 2020. Our VUL youth camps give beginner and intermediate players a chance to immerse themselves in ultimate for 5 half-days. The camps are led by coaches who promote Spirit of the Game - which encompasses inclusivity, respect, and teamwork - through fun drills and games.
Each camp is split into mornings for 8-11 year olds and afternoons for 11-14 year olds.
We have two locations for our camps, one east and one west:
- March 16-20: Van Tech Secondary School turf fields
- March 23-27: Point Grey Secondary School turf fields
Learn more about the camps and how to register!
As always, our main goal is to have FUN in a safe and supportive environment. For the Skills Series and Spring Break Camps, if you’re not happy after the first day, we will refund your full registration (minus the jersey cost if you choose that option) – but we’re pretty confident that won’t happen!
Please contact our Youth Programs Manager, William, via email@example.com if you have any questions!