Tryouts for adult touring teams are held every spring and are usually posted on our forum. Vancouver usually has teams in every division at Provincials (Open, Women, Mixed, Masters) plus Women's Masters at Nationals. To reach Vancouver teams about tryouts, see the list of active teams for contact and website information.
Once teams are formed and registered with the VUL, they will be listed under the Games menu.
Captains can register their team in the Program. All registration is online, usually starting in Februrary.
For each team that joins the program, the VUL will provide the following services:
- Membership privileges for all rostered players, including general liability and sport accident insurance.
- BC Ultimate membership (required for participation at Provincials).
- Practice fields where possible, depending on availability and demand from other teams.
- Team page for promotion to VUL members
To participate in the program, teams must meet the following requirements:
- Agree to uphold Spirit of the Game on and off the field.
- Register online and pay registration fees. Fees vary by practice frequency (see below).
- Have open tryouts.
- Have all players become VUL members by completing the team's roster online.
- Provide at least 4 players as instructors for Ultimate Day (late April) and the Super Clinic (late May), and help with other clinics where possible.
- Agree to follow VUL Regulations related to field use. Damage to fields may result in teams being removed from the program.
The VUL has a limited number of fields available for practice. We will do our best to accommodate each team's preferences, including booking additional fields, but flexibility is important. Because demand on some nights is greater than others, and the Park Board sometimes closes certain fields, teams might have to use a field that’s smaller than regulation size.
Requests should be submitted at least 2 weeks in advance. We make no promises to fulfill last minute requests.
If supply exceeds demand for a given day, the VUL will consider additional factors when allocating fields:
- Completion of all program requirements
- Volunteering to help deliver other VUL programs (e.g. clinics, mentors, workshops).
- Commitment to compete in the Ultimate Canada or USAU Championship Series.
- Past performance (i.e. competitive results).
- Length of time the team has been around.
- Time of request ("first come first serve" when other factors are equal)
2017 Team Fees
"A" teams practice 2-3 times per week, "B" teams once per week.
Our net sponsorship for each team ranges from $500-1500, depending on the fields used over the course of a season. The VUL is proud to support Vancouver's touring teams as they prepare to represent Vancouver to ultimate players and fans across BC, Canada, and the world.
Please address any questions to the Touring Coordinator.