Held annually, Mid October
What's it all about?
The VUL Awards Banquet is a special event where we celebrate those who have made positive contributions to our community over the past year. The banquet began in 2009 as the vision of our late Executive Director, Art Hawkins, who wanted to ensure that the individuals responsible for our thriving organization are recognized.
So every October, we gather to acknowledge our board members, staff, coordinators, partners, volunteers, and most spirited players in the league. The evening comprises of dinner, socializing, and colourful speeches. We cap it all off with the presentation of our prestigious Annual Awards and Hall of Fame inductions.
How to participate
This is an invite-only event, so how does one get invited to this wonderful evening? Great question! Here’s how:
- Be a board member, staff member, or coordinator. (See our jobs page for openings!)
- Be a mentor or coach for the league
- Be a volunteer throughout the year
- Be a captain whose team is one of the summer’s Spirit Award Winners
- Be inducted into the VUL Hall of Fame
- Be nominated for one of our Annual Awards
Invitees will receive their invitation by email in early September. If for some reason we may have missed you, shoot us a message.