Coaching Conference 2018
Join us for our annual Vancouver Coaching Conference on Saturday, March 3 at Stratford Hall School.
Format & Audience
There will be two tracks of sessions during the day - one that caters towards beginner coaches and one for intermediate/advanced coaches. Both tracks will have engaging topics that will be relevant for:
- Elementary School coaches
- High School coaches
- Club Team coaches (Youth and Adults)
- VUL League Mentors and Clinic Instructors
- Brand new coaches who want to start but aren't sure where yet!
Coaches, teachers, and instructors from across the Greater Vancouver and beyond are welcome. This is a great place to meet, connect with, learn from, and share your experiences with other coaches.
We are co-hosting with Elevate Academy. They are passionate about youth ultimate, coach development, and Spirit of the Game.
Keynote Speaker - John Smythe, National Athlete for Field Hockey Canada!
Stratford Hall will be hosting the event.
If you'd like to be involved as a partner, please contact Troe Weston via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sessions & Schedule
The event will run from 9:00-5:00 pm. Sessions will include topics such as:
- Spirit of the Game
- Drill development
- Teaching basics
- Coaching mental toughness
- Season Planning
- Injury Prevention
- AND MORE!
- John Smythe - Field Hockey Canada
- Mario O'Brien - RISE Up Ultimate
- Alex Davis - Head Coach for Team Canada U24 Mixed, Captain of Furious George
- Jen Nicholls - Experienced competitive coach, VUL Clinic Coordinator
- Mauro Ortiz - past captain of Furious George, VUL Coaching Coordinator
- Danie Proby - Elevate Academy Co-Founder and Head Coach
- Ari Nitikman - Elevate Academy Co-Founder and athlete for Team Canada
- Troë Weston - Head Coach for Team Canada U20, VUL League Manager
Registration is now OPEN!
The registration fee of $75 includes attendance to all sessions, and lunch! Register by Feb 15th get your jersey at the conference! (otherwise, you will have to pick it up Mid-March on your own time) All registration closes on Feb 28.
If you're a coach or instructor in the VUL and are unable to afford the full fee, contact us for assistance. Email email@example.com
To receive updates about the event, subscribe to our Conference Interest mailing list.
We hope to see you there!