Join the VUL and Elevate Ultimate for the 4th annual Vancouver Ultimate Coaching Conference on Saturday, February 29, 2020 at Stratford Hall School.
You also have the option of also joining us on Sunday, March 1 for an NCCP coaching workshop.
Format & Audience
There will be two tracks of sessions during the day - one that caters towards beginner coaches and one for intermediate & advanced coaches. Both tracks will have engaging topics that will be relevant for:
- Elementary School coaches
- High School coaches
- Club Team coaches (Youth and Adults)
- VUL League Mentors and Clinic Instructors
- Brand new coaches who want to start but aren't sure where yet!
Coaches, teachers, and instructors from across the Greater Vancouver and beyond are welcome. This is a great place to meet, connect with, learn from, and share your experiences with other coaches.
We are co-hosting the conference with Elevate Academy. They are passionate about youth ultimate, coach development, and Spirit of the Game.
Stratford Hall will be hosting the event.
If you'd like to be involved as a partner or a presenter, please contact Katie Berezan via email@example.com.
2020 Sessions & Schedule
This year's conference theme is: Coaching to support the "Whole Athlete"
The conference will run from 8:30am to 5pm and include lunch. The day will include classroom and gym sessions as well as networking opportunities. There are two streams to choose from:
Coach to Compete:
- Looking to expand your coaching knowledge? Take your coaching to the next level through sessions that are focusing on the physical and mental aspects of ultimate with top coaches.
- New the sport? New to coaching? Coached before but looking to brush up on your fundamental skills? Ultimate 101 is the place for you! The sessions are lead by awesome coaches that are also teachers to help you gain practical skills and lead your team to success!
The exact schedule and session titles will be posted in late January/early February.
Optional Sunday NCCP Training
Designed for participants 16+ who work with new/entry level players. Teaching basic throws, the role of the coach, planning practices, ethical issues around coaching and the needs of the athletes, will also be covered in this 1-day workshop that takes place both in the classroom and on the field or gym. The end result is that you'll be a trained NCCP Community Coach through the National Coach Certification Program.
The location for the NCCP Community Coach workshop is still to be determined.
Saturday Conference: $55 (includes lunch and coffee)
Sunday NCCP Training: $60
If you're a coach or instructor in the VUL and are unable to afford the full fee, contact us for assistance. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration is now open!
To receive updates about the event, subscribe to our Conference Interest mailing list.
We hope to see you there!