Welcome to Elimination 8s!
Elimination 8s was created in 2002 by local ultimate pioneer, Art Hawkins. Those of you who knew Art also knew that some of the things he came up with were unconventional. Art's "vision" for Elimination 8s, though, was simple from the beginning: to create an event that was attended by all that loved Ultimate and to raise funds for charities.
Held on Canada Day, this annual tradition for ultimate players in Vancouver is a great way to meet new people while raising funds for local charities.
Playing Info for 2022
- Format: Tournament Format with a modified mixed 8v8 format. (see below)
- Duration: 1 Day Tournament.
- Games Start at 10 a.m. Playoffs will be over by 4:30 p.m.
- Location: Winona Park
- Age: 19+, or 17+ with parental consent.
- Inclusivity: All players are welcome.
|May 23||Registration opens|
|June 27||Registration closes|
|July 1||Captains meeting - 9:30 a.m. - At Fields|
|July 1||Tournament Day - 10:00.a.m. Start time|
|Team fees (GST included)||$280|
We encourage you to find a team as many teams need players. If you cannot, you can register as a single or duo, or trio and we will attempt to form a few teams. For Duos, at least one person must be a women-matching player.
|Duo (2 people)||$70|
How to register
- Check out our handy registration guide.
- Ensure you have enough players. Post in matchmaker or the personals forum to find a team!
How are games played?
- Games start 8 on 8, lose one player every time your team scores a point.
- You can sub between points.
- Games to 7 (i.e. first to score with 2 players).
How does gender balance work?
- Gender balance must be maintained at all times.
- On non-matching odd points (i.e. 5 on 6, 3 on 5, etc.) your team can decide which gender gets the extra player.
- On matching odd points (i.e. 7 on 7, 5 on 5) offence decides which gender gets the extra player.
I don't have anyone to play with, how can I find a team?
If you don't have a team, you can sign up as a free agent (single or duo) on the Registration page!
Please see the VUL changes to Field Foods & Beverage Policies for ultimate events and tournaments.