We are hosting a 4-on-4 hat league this fall in Surrey!
After a long summer with no ultimate, get back on the field with this limited cohort league that has been adapted to follow BC Ultimate's Return to Play plan.
Enjoy some fresh air and exercise with the opportunity to play with your ulti friends and make some new ones. This is a "hat" league, which means you can sign up as a Single or with a friend as a Duo (one player must be women-matching).
Space is limited to adhere to Return to Play policies.
Due to COVID-19, our Surrey turf league will be played as 4-on-4 this year. This league will continue to use regular 5-on-5 rules (eg. sub on the fly, etc.) with the following exceptions:
- Field size is slightly smaller to give space on the sidelines for teams to be spaced - 20 yards x 60 yards with 10 yard end zones
- No subs will be permitted - please only register if you can attend most games.
- Games played to 21
- A cohort of 4 teams play each other, with teams being remade halfway through the season
- Format: Co-ed hat league with 5-on-5 rules, but played as 4-on-4*
- Duration: 10 weeks from September 20 to November 29
- Timeslot: Sunday evenings, 8-10 pm (2 games per evening)
- Location: Newton Athletic Park field #2 (turf) in Surrey
- Age: 19+, or 17+ with parental consent
- Inclusivity: All players welcome, including LGBTQ2+ and transgender
*We are aiming for a gender ratio of 2:2, but this may change to 3M:1W or 3M:2W (5-on-5) depending on the makeup of registrants.
All you need for this league are cleats and a light and dark jersey.
Important Dates for 2020
|September 4||Registration Opens|
|September 15||Registration Closes|
|September 20||League Starts|
|October 11||Thanksgiving Weekend - Pickup for League Players only|
|November 29||League Finishes|
*Note: For Duos at least one person must be women-matching.
Did you know 4-on-4 ultimate is a popular variation played in eastern Canada? Other than this year, there have even been Canadian 4-on-4 Ultimate Championships hosted each year since 2015!
How to Register
Register starting Sept. 4, 2020*
*Please note that we are now full for Single men-matching players. Space is still available for Duos and women-matching players.