Founded in 2008, Misfit Ultimate is Canada’s largest youth ultimate program with over 10 teams and 250 participants each year.
As a Misfit Ultimate Coach, you will work with 1-2 other coaches and be responsible for teaching, inspiring, and supervising a Misfit Touring or Regional team during the Summer season (April - August). You will be required to attend and lead three practices each week and all tournaments that your team attends.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete background checks and training required by the VUL, BCU, or Ultimate Canada, and adhere at all times to the VULS Youth Supervisor Code of Conduct
- Attend all touring and regional tryouts and perform player evaluations in an unbiased manner
- Attend all team practices an tournaments as both a chaperone and coach. These include:
- Misfit Cup (late June)
- BC Provincials (mid-July)
- Canadian Ultimate Championships (August - if applicable)
- Develop and execute team practice plans in partnership with the other coaches, adjusting accordingly after weekly evaluations
- Focus on developing a positive, fun, inclusive, and spirited team culture
- Provide weekly status updates to the Coordinators
- Complete end-of-year feedback survey
- Any other coaching-related duties reasonably requested by the Coordinators
See the program description for typical practice times and tournament dates.
- Strong interest in developing the game of ultimate with youth
- Strong ultimate background, including a demonstrated understanding of Spirit of the Game
- Agree to a Code of Conduct and complete a criminal record check
- Age 21+ (touring teams), 19+ (regional teams)
- Previous experience teaching and/or coaching youth (e.g. youth leader, instructor)
- NCCP or USAU coaching certifications
- First aid certification
- Experience playing ultimate at the provincial or national level
- Training opportunities - NCCP certification, First Aid, etc
- Stipend - $400 - $700, contingent on completion of all required responsibilities
- Travel subsidy to CUC if applicable, including per diem for meals
- Opportunity to develop your leadership and ultimate skills
- A whole lot of fun!
For additional information, or if you have any questions, please email the Misfit Coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org.