Would you like help high school students discover the joy of ultimate? Schools are often looking for coaches to help run their ultimate programs. Share your knowledge and skills to help develop the next generation of players!
Your exact duties will depend on each school's requirements. Some require an Assistant Coach to support an existing team, and others require a Head Coach to lead a new team or develop a new program
There are currently about 50 teams total in the Vancouver high school league (Junior and Senior High). There are also elementary schools now looking for coaches.
Coaches are generally responsible for:
- Recruiting players to one or more teams;
- Developing players at practices, including planning and executing plans for their team;
- Managing their team at games in the Vancouver high school league;
- Possibly participating in tournaments, including the city championships, local or regional events, or even provincial championships.
- Experience teaching and/or coaching children
- Strong interest in developing a passion for ultimate ultimate in youth
- Strong understanding and support of Spirit of the Game
- Good ultimate skills. Some schools require advanced experience, but not all - you don't need to be an expert in all cases.
- NCCP or USAU coaching certifications are an asset
- First aid certifications are an asset
- Any legal qualifications required by the school (usually a criminal record check)
Duration and compensation (if any) will be determined with the school. The Vancouver school season typically runs from the middle of February to the end of May.
To express your interest or get more information, please email the Youth Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org.