Founded in 2015, Strike Ultimate (formerly Savage) is a growing youth ultimate program based in Richmond, BC.
As a Strike Ultimate Coach, you will work with 1-2 other coaches to teach, inspire, and supervise a competitive youth ultimate team during the Summer season (April - August). You will be required to attend and lead three practices each week and all tournaments that your team attends.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete background checks and training required by the VUL, BC Ultimate, or Ultimate Canada, and adhere at all times to the VULS Youth Supervisor Code of Conduct
- Training includes completing the NCCP Competition-Introduction level clinic
- Attend tryouts, and evaluate players in an unbiased manner
- Attend all team practices and tournaments as both a chaperone and coach. These include:
- Misfit Cup (June 22-23)
- BC Provincials (July 13-14)
- Canadian Ultimate Championships (August 11-14 for Touring team coaches only)
- Develop and execute practice plans in partnership with the other coaches, adjusting accordingly after weekly evaluations
- Focus on developing a positive, fun, inclusive, and spirited team culture
- Provide weekly status updates to the Coordinators
- Complete end-of-year feedback survey
- Any other coaching-related duties reasonably requested by the Coordinators
See the Strike Ultimate page for typical practice times and tournament dates.
- Strong interest in developing the game of ultimate with youth
- Strong ultimate background, including a demonstrated understanding of Spirit of the Game
- Agree to a Code of Conduct and complete a criminal record check
- Age 21+ (touring teams), 19+ (regional teams)
- Previous experience teaching and/or coaching youth (e.g. youth leader, instructor)
- NCCP or USAU coaching certifications
- First aid certification
- Experience playing ultimate at the provincial or national level
- Training opportunities - NCCP certification, First Aid, etc
- Stipend, contingent on completion of all required responsibilities
- Travel subsidy to CUC if applicable, including per diem for meals
- Opportunity to develop your leadership and ultimate skills
- A whole lot of fun!
Applications for the 2019 summer season are now open and will close April 21, 2019.
Apply to be a Strike coach here: https://forms.gle/pHLL5iTmnW4ZowE5A
For additional information, or if you have any questions, please email the Strike Coordinators at email@example.com.