Summer Youth Coordinator
Full Time, 8-week Summer contract. This position requires working many non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends.
The Summer Youth Coordinator (SYC) is responsible for successful implementation for all of the VULS Summer youth programs. The SYC reports to the Youth Manager ("YM"), and will work closely with other Coordinators of youth programs, i.e. Misfit Coordinator, Youth Marketing Coordinator, coaches/instructors, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities
The primary role of the SYC is to successfully support the implementation of the VULS Summer youth ultimate programs, which includes, but not limited to:
- Misfit Ultimate and Vortex Ultimate competitive youth club programs
- Summer Camps
- Summer Juniors League
- Summer U19 Skills Program
The SYC will help develop and run age appropriate ultimate programs that keep children active and help them develop skills, teamwork with a focus on SOTG throughout.
Education & Experience:
- Must be enrolling full-time in University or College starting in September 2018
- Experience working with youth ultimate, youth athletics, or other youth programs
- Experience coaching ultimate, preferably at a youth level
- Experience playing ultimate
- Connections to the youth ultimate community in Metro Vancouver
- Complete and pass a Criminal Record Check (CRC)
- Basic first-aid knowledge
Preferred knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Self-starter: Works independently with little direct supervision
- Organized: Sets priorities, develops schedule, tracks progress, records relevant details
- Interpersonal: Creates and maintains positive working relationships
- Communicator: Speaks, listens, and writes in a clear and engaging manner
- Problem Solver: Assesses situations, gathers relevant information, generates possible solutions, and resolves the problem or makes recommendations, as appropriate
- Professional: Represent the VULS and ultimate in a highly professional manner
Hourly rate dependent upon experience
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to William Arlotta via email@example.com by May 1st, 2018.
The Vancouver Ultimate League Society (VULS) is a non-profit society dedicated to organizing, promoting and supporting the sport of ultimate in Vancouver.