Posted September 10, 2018
The VUL has an opening for a contract Technical Writer.
We are expanding our internal documentation of league operations. We are looking for assistance with preparing manuals and guidebooks to support the onboarding of future staff. The focus will be on Youth programs to start, but could be expanded.
- Prepare outline(s) based on program activities and our other manuals
- Interview Manager to gain deeper understanding of their programs (what, when, why, how)
- Work with Manager to create draft guides and reference docs in appropriate formats
- Review and finalize documentation with Manager and other stakeholders
- Experience with VUL leagues is an asset
- Experience preparing process documentation and training manuals
- Experience with gathering and documenting information through interviews
- Able to write clearly and succinctly.
- Able to work flexible hours would be ideal (mix of daytime, evenings, weekends)
VUL staff generally work from home. Meetings and calls will occur at mutually agreeable times & locations.
Term & Compensation
This is a part-time contract position for 2-3 months. The rate will be commensurate with experience and skills.
To Apply: Email your application to email@example.com. The position will remain posted until it is filled.