The Vancouver Ultimate League is seeking several energetic and organized individuals to be responsible for delivering our Youth Camp programs for elementary school-aged children during the Spring and Summer in Vancouver. The Instructors will organize, mentor, and lead the Spring Day Camps and Summer Day Camps to deliver quality ultimate programs for elementary school-aged students. The focus of these programs is on SOTG and having fun with a disc. With direction and support from the VUL, the Instructors will administer all aspects of the program, from supervision of program participants, to lesson planning, recording and monitoring participation, and liaising with parents.
The Instructors will need to commit to a minimum of 5 days per week from 9:00-4:00pm Monday to Friday (40 hours a week), and must be available for at least one full week that the programs will be offered. There are six separate weeks being offered for this year’s Summer program, and two separate weeks during Spring Break; therefore, interested candidates may apply to work for more than just one week of this program. The details of the camp, including the timing of the camps can be found on the VUL website: https://www.vul.ca/content/youth-camps. Hourly rate of pay is $20-25.00/hour, dependent upon experience. When you send in your application, please specify which week(s) you are available.
- Experience teaching ultimate, preferably with youth;
- Post-secondary education, preferably with a concentration in sports and recreation, leadership, or community development;
- Strong organizational and group leadership skills;
- Ability to problem solve and multitask;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Experience working with school-aged children, specifically elementary school students;
- Interest and background in sports and recreation.
- Networking with diverse stakeholders;
- Project design, planning, administration and evaluation;
- Team building, leadership, and Results-Based Management skills
- Role modeling and youth empowerment; and
- Experience working with youth and children.
Applications are being accepted now.
Please send a current resume and cover letter to: Youth Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note this position is available to candidates of all genders. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.