When we ask players what they love about ultimate, almost everyone says some variation of "the people" or "the community". Playing is one great way to harness that joy. Another way is through VUL Meetups!
Meetups are small gatherings of like-minded people. Sure, we all have ultimate in common, but what else do we have in common? You may attend a VUL Meetup because it's your thing, because you want to see if it's your thing, or because your friends are going.
No matter what your reason is, you'll get to meet other VUL members, make wider connections in the community, and do something fun.
Fall 2018 Meetups
Whether you are an avid disc golfer or have never played, you are more than welcome to join us. We'll pair up experienced and novice players and play best disc.
- Dates: Sept 30 & Oct 28 (Halloween disc golf!)
- Time: 5 pm on Sept 30, 4 pm on Oct 28 (with drinks and food after at The Main!)
- Location: Queen Elizabeth Disc Golf Course
- To Bring: Disc golf discs or a frisbee. We'll have extra disc golf discs you can use if needed.
- Sign up: for Sep 30 at 5 pm and for Oct 28 at 4 pm.
What ultimate player doesn't love board games? Join us for a board games night! We run these once per month in Winter-Spring except for December as we're planning a special Holiday event.
- Dates: Nov 23
- Time: 730-11(ish) pm
- Location: 12 Kings Pub (12th and Kingsway)
- To Bring: Your favourite board games to play! We'll have some on hand, but we could definitely use some more.
- Sign up: For Nov 23.
Become a Meetup Host!
Do you love one of the activities we are planning? Are you an outgoing person who is interested in getting more involved in the VUL? Join our community of meetup hosts, you'll get some great perks! You can join anytime. Read more on our meetup hosts job page.