When we ask players what they love about ultimate, almost everyone says some variation of "the people" or "the community". Playing is one great way to harness that joy. Another way is through VUL Meetups!
Meetups are small gatherings of like-minded people. Sure, we all have ultimate in common, but what else do we have in common? You may attend a VUL Meetup because it's your thing, because you want to see if it's your thing, or because your friends are going.
No matter what your reason is, you'll get to meet other VUL members, make wider connections in the community, and do something fun.
Fall 2019 Meetups
What ultimate player doesn't love board games? Join us for a board games night! We run these once per month in Winter-Spring except for December as we're planning a special Holiday event.
- Dates: Nov 22, more to be confirmed!
- Time: 730-10:30(ish) pm
- Location: 12 Kings Pub (12th and Kingsway)
- To Bring: Your favourite board games to play! We'll have some on hand, but we could definitely use some more.
- Sign up: Nov 22
- Dates: Sept 29, Oct 27 (Halloween Disc Golf!)
- Time: 5-6:30 pm on Sept 29. 4-5:30 pm on Oct 27. (with dinner and drinks after if you like!)
- Location: Queen Elizabeth Disc Gold Park (33rd and Ontario)
- To Bring: Disc golf discs if you have 'em. We have some you can borrow if not.
- Sign up: Sept 29, Oct 27 (Halloween Disc Golf!)
Become a Meetup Host!
Do you love one of the activities we are planning? Are you an outgoing person who is interested in getting more involved in the VUL? Join our community of meetup hosts, you'll get some great perks! You can join anytime. Read more on our meetup hosts job page.