When we ask players what they love about ultimate, almost everyone says some variation of "the people" or "the community". Playing is one great way to harness that joy. Another way is through VUL Meetups!
Meetups are small gatherings of like-minded people. Sure, we all have ultimate in common, but what else do we have in common? You may attend a VUL Meetup because it's your thing, because you want to see if it's your thing, or because your friends are going.
No matter what your reason is, you'll get to meet other VUL members, make wider connections in the community, and do something fun.
Here's what we have planned so far for this summer. We'll add any new events that come up here and on the calendar.
Looking to improve your throws? Attend a throwing club meetup where you'll practice throwing with a variety of partners, take part in throwing drills, and play some fun throwing games. After, we'll head to a VUL Clubhouse for some food and drink.
- Meetups: Most Sundays at 5 pm, except for Disc Golf Sunday and Long Weekends
- Dates: June 11, 18. July 9, 16, 23. August 13, 20
- Location: Winona N
- To Bring: A disc!
Disc Golf is a great way to go for a walk in the park with a purpose. You'll have the option of playing as a single or with a partner. Whether you've played disc golf before or not, feel free to drop in. After, we'll head to a VUL Clubhouse for some food and drink.
- Meetups: Last Sunday of the month at 5 pm
- Dates: June 25, July 30, August 27
- Location: Queen Elizabeth Park (On Ontario St. between 33rd and 37th)
- To Bring: Disc golf discs if you have. We'll have some extra to lend, but bring an ulti disc in case we don't have enough.
Become a Meetup Host!
Do you love one of the activities we are planning? Are you an outgoing person who is interested in getting more involved in the VUL? Join our community of meetup hosts, you'll get some great perks! You can join anytime. Read more on our meetup hosts job page.