When we ask players what they love about ultimate, almost everyone says some variation of "the people" or "the community". Playing is one great way to harness that joy. Another way is through VUL Meetups!
Meetups are small gatherings of like-minded people. Sure, we all have ultimate in common, but what else do we have in common? You may attend a VUL Meetup because it's your thing, because you want to see if it's your thing, or because your friends are going.
No matter what your reason is, you'll get to meet other VUL members, make wider connections in the community, and do something fun.
Fall 2017 Meetups
Disc Golf is a great way to go for a walk in the park with a purpose. You'll have the option of playing as a single or with a partner. Whether you've played disc golf before or not, feel free to drop in. After, we'll head to a VUL Clubhouse for some food and drink.
- Schedule: Last Sunday of the month at 5 pm, except Oct 29
- Dates: August 27 (5 pm), Sept 24 (5 pm), Oct 29 (4 pm)
- Location: Queen Elizabeth Park (On Ontario St. between 33rd and 37th). Meet at practice area.
- To Bring: Disc golf discs if you have. We'll have some extra to lend, but bring an ulti disc in case we don't have enough.
What ultimate player doesn't love board games? Join us for a monthly board games night! Bring games to contribute to the options we have to play.
- Schedule: Second Friday of the month at 7:30 pm
- Dates: Oct 13, Nov 10, Dec 8
- Location: TBD
- To Bring: Your favourite board games to play! We'll have some on hand, but we could definitely use some more.
Become a Meetup Host!
Do you love one of the activities we are planning? Are you an outgoing person who is interested in getting more involved in the VUL? Join our community of meetup hosts, you'll get some great perks! You can join anytime. Read more on our meetup hosts job page.