Summer Job Opportunity
Title: Program Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Work Type: Temporary, Part-time (10-15 hours per week on average) from July to August 2020
The VUL is looking for a passionate and organized individual to be a Program Coordinator (“PC”) for the summer of 2020. In this temporary part-time role, you will coordinate Adult programs with the support of the Executive Director (“ED”) and Acting Marketing Manager (“MM”), and support the Youth Manager with youth programs.
Note: If you are interested but only available for 5-10 hours per week, we encourage you to still apply as the role may be filled by multiple people.
To Apply: Send your application to ED@vul.ca. The position will be filled as soon as possible.
Duties & Responsibilities
Coordinate adult programs for the Summer (July-Aug) and coordinate plans for the Fall (Sept-Nov).
Summer activities include:
- Manage Team Practices:
- Setup and manage registration when required.
- Schedule practices in July and August.
- Ensure teams are following safety protocols.
- Monitor team reports and support captains with any issues that may arise.
- Support the Camp, Clinic, and Regional programs run by other Coordinators.
- Maintain program content on the website.
- Manage field permits for both Adult and Youth programs with the Vancouver Park Board
- Coordinate safety-related supplies with the MM (sanitizer, etc.).
Fall activities include:
- Prepare program plans with the ED and MM. Consult with the Captains Working group for ideas.
- Support the MM to develop marketing plans for the Fall season.
- Secure field permits to support Fall programs.
- Setup and manage registration if required.
- Help the Web Manager provide website tech support, if needed.
- Ensure any program-related expenses are paid on time.
- Other projects and duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Uphold the VULS Vision, Mission, Values, Bylaws, and Polices at all times.
- Provide your own office, computer, and phone to work remotely.
- Be available on some evenings and weekends for various programs.
- Have access to a vehicle, and be able to lift packages weighing 20 kgs.