NOTE: Registration for this program is currently OPEN. We are developing programming that follows provincial guidelines and adheres to social distancing recommendations. Please see below and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions!
You can also read our article about other options for youth this summer, and for current program status and guidelines.
We're excited to offer this Girls Only program for 9-13 year olds for the third year in a row! Ultimate is a great sport for kids to learn because it's fun, engaging and inexpensive. Our U14 program is created and delivered in a way that teaches kids the foundational skills for ultimate with the main goal of having fun. Each week will include 2 hours of basic drills, activities and games that are fun and functional.
Our coaches are experienced in teaching kids ultimate and the principles of teamwork and fair play.
This Girls Only program is not a team-based activity. We create groups based upon the participant's skill level, and each week players can incorporate the skills they've just learned and work on aspects of their game that they want to improve.
This summer, we will work through the various skills and activities while adhering to social distancing guidelines.
- Format: Girls Only Skills Development Program
- Duration: 8+ weeks. See dates below.
- Times: Sunday mornings, 10 am to 12 pm.
- Location: Empire S/N turf field
- Age: 9-13 years old
Learn new techniques and strategies from our experienced instructors!
Cleats or runners can be used on grass fields, but we recommend cleats.
Everyone must bring a dark AND white t-shirt. If you don't have one, or would like to get a VUL reversible shirt, then please choose that option during the registration process.
Important Dates for 2020
|March 30||Online Registration Opens|
|mid-June - TBD||Games/Clinics Start *|
|June 22||Online Registration Closes|
|August 2||No Games/Clinics - BC Day Long Weekend|
|August 9 - TBC||Games/Clinics Finish *|
* The start date depends on when the Park Board opens fields for play. We will try to go later in August if fields are available.
|Single with VUL shirt||$70.00|
How to register
All players should be in elementary school, from age 9 to 13 (grades 4 to 7). However, we will consider younger kids joining on a case-by-case basis.
Complete these steps to register:
- All registration is done online, and payment can only be done online with a major credit card, or via an e-transfer. No in-person payment available.
- Before the first game, all players must create an account on this website, and agree to the Statement of Consent. Parents can complete the registration process, but they must register the child as the participant, not themselves. Unique emails are required for each player, as their parent/guardian will also be asked for their unique email during step 3.
- On an annual basis, all players must provide Parental Consent. This is now done online. When a player registers, they are asked for their parent or guardian's contact information. Emails are then sent to the player and parent/guardian with instructions on how to provide consent.