Our coed developmental program is perfect for the high-schooler who wants to improve their disc skills and game play before the next school season.
Each week will include 1.5 hours of skills and 1.5 hours of game play, using our 5-on-5 "turf format and rules". Players can incorporate the skills they've just learned and work on aspects of their game that they want to improve. With 5 players on the field instead of 7, each person tends to get more touches - and improve even faster! See the rules page for full details.
- Format: Co-ed Hat League games with 5-on-5 format, plus 1.5 hour skills clinics each day.
- Duration: 10 weeks. See dates below.
- Times: Sunday mornings, 10 am - 1 pm.
- Location: Empire S turf field
- Age: 13-18 years old
Learn new techniques and strategies from expert instructors, and then practice them in a game!
Cleats or runners can be used on synthetic turf fields, but we recommend cleats.
How to register
All players should be in high school, from age 13 to 18 (grade 8-12, as of December 31 this year). However, we will consider younger kids joining on a case-by-case basis.
You can register by yourself or with a friend (no teams).
Complete these steps to register:
- All registration is done online, and payment can be done online with a major credit card, or you can give us a cheque/cash the first time you attend the program. For Duos and Trios, only one person in a group needs to register and pay (one must be a female to receive the discount).
- Before the first game, all players must create an account on this website, and agree to the Statement of Consent.
- On an annual basis, all players must provide Parental Consent. This is now done online. When a player registers, they are asked for their parent or guardian's contact information. Emails are then sent to the player and parent/guardian with instructions on how to provide consent.
If you have any questions, please email the Youth Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Dates for 2017
|April 13||Online Registration Opens|
|May 28||Games/Clinics Start (and In-Person Payment at the field)|
|June 19||Online Registration Closes|
|July 2||No Games/Clinics - Canada Day Long Weekend|
|July 9||No Games/Clinics - Special Event at Empire (no field access)|
|August 6||No Games/Clinics - BC Day Long Weekend|
|August 13||Games/Clinics Finish|
|Duo (2 people)||$90.00|
|Trios (3 people)||$135.00|
For Duos & Trios, at least one person must be female.