After tryouts (register here for tryouts), players who are accepted onto Touring and Regional teams must complete these steps to be eligible to participate in practices and tournaments.
Touring and Regional players must register online and pay fees for their team.
- Registration must be completed by June 1, 2019.
- Registration must be completed before payment of team fees.
- Payment is expected at the time of registration. If payment cannot be made in full at the time of registration, other options exist BUT players and their families MUST communicate these instances directly to the Lead Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) and not avoid this responsibility.
- You can choose to pay by credit card, cheque/cash, or e-transfer. See fees on the main Vortex page.
For 2019, players do not need to individually register with Ultimate Canada.
2. Parental Consent
All players must have parental consent in order to participate. Upon registration, parents are sent an email request to provide consent online. This is the preferred method of consent. Make sure that parent email addresses are accurate, as players will NOT be permitted to participate until parental consent has been received.
If parents cannot provide consent online, download and complete a Parental Consent Form (PDF), and deliver it to the Coordinators.
Parental consent for season play is due by June 1st, 2019.
3. Finalizing Payment
If you chose cheque or e-transfer when you registered, payments are due by June 1, 2019, unless a payment plan has been arranged with the Coordinators. Players will not be allowed to play otherwise.
Alternatively, if you changed your mind, balances can be paid by credit card after registration.
YOU MUST REGISTER FIRST!!
4. Contact Info
Please direct any questions regarding teams, practice schedule, tournaments, or any other inquiries to the Vortex Coordinators (rather than individual coaches). The Coordinators can be reached via email at email@example.com. For all payments related concerns, please contact directly with the Lead Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If needed, you can also contact our Youth Programs Manager via email@example.com.
Local Practices & Tournaments
Medical: In the event of illness or medical emergency, students will be assessed by the coaching staff and/or tournament medical attendants and, in the event of a serious matter, will be taken to a local hospital. Coaches will have confidential access to player medical forms.
Transportation: Players and parents are responsible for their own travel to and from practices and tournaments.
There are multiple local tournaments this year which both Regional and Touring teams will participate
- Flowerbowl - June 1/2 at South Surrey Athletic Park (Vortex teams only)
- Misfit Cup - June 22/23 at Burnaby Lake Complex, Burnaby
- BCUC - July 13/14 at Newton Athletic Park, Surrey
- Vortex Cup - August 10 at Newton Athletic Park (regional teams only)
- Mini-Nats - late-Aug at location to be announced, Vancouver
Canadian Ultimate Championships (CUC)
Location: Edmonton, AB
Dates: August 11-15, 2019 (for youth)
Website: CUC 2019
For Touring teams traveling to CUC, full details to be announced soon, including itinerary, travel plans, medical care, and meals.