Players who wish to play on a Touring or Regional team must attend tryouts.
All players must register online before they are permitted to participate in a tryout. The tryout fee is $10 - this covers field costs and expenses associated with the extended tryout process. Payment can be made online during registration, or with cash or cheque at the field. to register online, players/parents must make sure that they have created an account with the VUL.
While the Touring tryouts are open to all players, we strongly recommend that players who attend these tryouts have previous competitive ultimate experience or competitive experience in another sport.
TOURING TEAMS (Vortex, Vertigo)
- May 16 - 6pm-9pm at Fraser Heights Secondary, Surrey
- May 19 - 9am-12pm at Berkshire Park (9283 154 St), Surrey
REGIONAL TEAMS (Venom, Voltage, Velocity (?!)) and V-CLUB
- May 19 - 1:30-4:30pm at Berkshire Park (9283 154 St), Surrey
- May 21 - 3pm-6pm at Fraser Heights Secondary, Surrey
Registration will begin one hour before the tryout begins. Arrive early for registration - tryouts begin at the pre-determined times listed above.
All players must attend at least one tryout. Attending both will really give the coaches a chance to see what you can do, but make sure to get to at least one! Should this be impossible, email email@example.com to explain your situation and exceptions may be made.
To be clear, touring tryouts are meant for those people who are serious about going to CUC in August. The goal this year is to send both Vortex and Vertigo teams to CUC in Brampton, Ontario.
- $10 tryout fee (one-time cost)
- Light and Dark jersey
- Water, cleats, and your own disc (if you have one).
- The filled out forms listed on the Vortex Player Info Page. You must bring these completed documents with you as well.