We're excited to offer this new program for 9-13 year olds! Our skills program is a fun mix of skills clinics and scrimmages for elementary-school players.
This co-ed program is focused on skill development, which includes 1 hour of skills clinics and 1 hour of game play using our 5-on-5 "turf format". Players sub "on the fly" from the sideline and with only 5 players on the field at once, each person tends to get more touches of the disc, which is great for improving disc skills. See the rules page for full details.
- Format: Co-ed Hat League games with 5-on-5 format, plus 1 hour skills clinics each morning.
- Duration: 8 weeks. See dates below.
- Times: Sunday mornings, 10am to 12 pm.
- Location: Columbia Field
- Age: 9-13 years old
Learn new techniques and strategies from expert instructors, and then practice them in a game!
Cleats or runners can be used on grass fields, but we recommend cleats.
How to register
All players should be in elementary school, from age 9 to 13 (grades 4 to 7). However, we will consider younger kids joining on a case-by-case basis.
Kids can be registered as an individual or with 1-2 friends (no teams) to save some money on registration.
Complete these steps to register:
- All registration is done online, and payment can be done online with a major credit card, or you can give us a cheque/cash the first time you attend the program. For Duos, only one person in a group needs to register and pay.
- Before the first game, all players must create an account on this website, and agree to the Statement of Consent. Parents can complete the registration process, but they must register the child as the participant, not themselves. Unique emails are required for each player, as their parent/guardian will also be asked for their unique email during step 3.
- On an annual basis, all players must provide Parental Consent. This is now done online. When a player registers, they are asked for their parent or guardian's contact information. Emails are then sent to the player and parent/guardian with instructions on how to provide consent.
If you have any questions, please email the Youth Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Dates for 2017
|January 11||Online Registration Opens|
|February 5||Games/Clinics Start (In-Person Payment at the field)|
|February 26||Online Registration Closes|
|March 26||Games/Clinics Finish|
|Duo (2 people)||$55.00|
For Duos, at least one person must be female.