Three 1-Week Contracts: Ultimate Instructor
The Vancouver Ultimate League is seeking several energetic and organized individuals, to be responsible for delivering our Youth Summer Camp program for elementary school-aged children in July in Vancouver. The Instructors will organize, mentor, and lead the Youth Summer Camp program in order to deliver quality Ultimate programs for elementary school-aged students. The focus of this program will be on SOTG and having fun with a disc. With direction and support from the VUL, the Instructors will administer all aspects of the program, from supervision of program participants, to lesson planning, recording and monitoring participation, and liaising with parents.
The Instructors will need to commit to a minimum of 5 days per week from 9:00-4:00pm Monday to Friday (40 hours a week), and must be available for at least one of the three weeks that will be offered. There are three separate weeks being offered for this year’s program; therefore, interested candidates may apply to work for more than just one week of this program. The contract must be completed between July 4th and July 29th 2016. The details of the camp, including the timing of the camps can be found on the VUL website: https://www.vul.ca/content/youth-camps. Hourly rate of pay is $20-25.00/hour, dependent upon experience. When you send in your application, please specify which week(s) you are available.
- Experience teaching Ultimate, preferably with youth;
- Post-secondary education, preferably with a concentration in sports and recreation, leadership, or community development;
- Strong organizational and group leadership skills;
- Ability to problem solve and multitask;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Experience working with school-aged children, specifically elementary school students;
- Interest and background in sports and recreation.
- Networking with diverse stakeholders;
- Project design, planning, administration and evaluation;
- Team building, leadership, and Results-Based Management skills
- Role modeling and youth empowerment; and
- Experience working with youth and children.
Applications will be accepted until no later than June 10th 2016.
Please send a current resume and cover letter to: Mauro Ortiz at email@example.com.
Please note this position is available to male and female candidates. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.