Coaching Conference 2018
Join us for our annual Vancouver Coaching Conference on Saturday, March 3 at Stratford Hall School. You also have the option of also joining us on Sunday, March 4 for an NCCP coaching course.
Format & Audience
There will be two tracks of sessions during the day - one that caters towards beginner coaches and one for intermediate/advanced coaches. Both tracks will have engaging topics that will be relevant for:
- Elementary School coaches
- High School coaches
- Club Team coaches (Youth and Adults)
- VUL League Mentors and Clinic Instructors
- Brand new coaches who want to start but aren't sure where yet!
Coaches, teachers, and instructors from across the Greater Vancouver and beyond are welcome. This is a great place to meet, connect with, learn from, and share your experiences with other coaches.
We are co-hosting with Elevate Academy. They are passionate about youth ultimate, coach development, and Spirit of the Game.
Keynote Speaker - John Smythe, National Athlete for Field Hockey Canada!
Stratford Hall will be hosting the event.
If you'd like to be involved as a partner, please contact Troe Weston via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sessions & Schedule
The main event will run Saturday from 9:00-5:00 pm. Sessions will include topics such as:
- Spirit of the Game
- Drill development
- Teaching basics
- Coaching mental toughness
- Season Planning
- Injury Prevention
- AND MORE!
- John Smythe - Field Hockey Canada
- Mario O'Brien - RISE Up Ultimate
- Alex Davis - Head Coach for Team Canada U24 Mixed, Captain of Furious George
- Jen Nicholls - Experienced competitive coach, VUL Clinic Coordinator
- Mauro Ortiz - past captain of Furious George, VUL Coaching Coordinator
- Danie Proby - Elevate Academy Co-Founder and Head Coach
- Ari Nitikman - Elevate Academy Co-Founder and athlete for Team Canada
- Troë Weston - Head Coach for Team Canada U20, VUL League Manager
Optional Sunday NCCP Training (FULL)
Designed for participants 16+ who work with new/entry level players. Teaching basic throws, the role of the coach, planning practices, ethical issues around coaching and the needs of the athletes, will also be covered in this 1-day workshop that takes place both in the classroom and on the field or gym. The end result is that you'll be a certified NCCP Community Coach through the National Coach Certification Program.
This training runs from 9:00 - 4:00 pm on Sunday March 4 at Stratford Hall, and will be led by Jen Nicholls and William Arlotta. Light food and refreshments will be provided, but you should bring your own lunch. The cost of this program is $60, and registration is separate from the Coaching Conference.
As of March 1st, we have reached capacity for this course. We are creating a waiting list, so please email William Arlotta to be placed on that list.
The registration fee of $75 includes attendance to all sessions, and lunch! Register by Feb 15th get your jersey at the conference! (otherwise, you will have to pick it up Mid-March on your own time) All registration closes on Feb 28.
If you're a coach or instructor in the VUL and are unable to afford the full fee, contact us for assistance. Email email@example.com
To receive updates about the event, subscribe to our Conference Interest mailing list.
We hope to see you there!