After tryouts (register here for tryouts), players who are accepted onto Touring and Regional teams must complete these steps to be eligible to participate in practices and tournaments.
Touring and Regional players must register online and pay fees for their team.
- Register here. Registration must be completed by June 15, 2018.
- YOU MUST REGISTER BEFORE YOU PAY TEAM FEES.
- You can choose to pay by credit card, cheque/cash, or e-transfer. See fees on the main Vortex page.
For 2018, players do not need to individually register with Ultimate Canada.
2. Parental Consent
All players must have parental consent in order to participate. During tryouts, parents are sent an email request to provide consent online. This is preferred.
If parents cannot provide consent online, download and complete a Parental Consent Form (PDF), and deliver it to the Coordinators.
Parental consent for season play is due by June 15th, 2018.
3. Finalizing Payment
If you chose cheque or e-transfer when you registered, payments are due by July 1, 2018, unless a payment plan has been arranged with the Coordinators.
Alternatively, if you changed your mind, balances can be paid by credit card after registration.
YOU MUST REGISTER FIRST!!
4. Printed Forms
These forms must be received at tryouts:
- VUL Vortex Player Code of Conduct
- Ultimate Canada Participant Agreement
- Ultimate Canada Jr Player Conduct form
Forms should be given directly to coaches or preferably to the Lead Coordinator.
5. Contact Info
Please direct any questions regarding teams, payments, practice schedule, tournaments, or any other inquiries to the Vortex Coordinators (rather than individual coaches). The Coordinators can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone:
- Chris Wakelin: 604-319-5512
If needed, you can also contact our Youth Programs Manager via email@example.com.
Local Practices & Tournaments
Medical: In the event of illness or medical emergency, students will be assessed by the coaching staff and/or tournament medical attendants and, in the event of a serious matter, will be taken to a local hospital. Coaches will have confidential access to player medical forms.
Transportation: Players and parents are responsible for their own travel to and from practices and tournaments.
There are multiple local tournaments this year which both Regional and Touring teams will participate
- Flowerbowl - June 2/3 at South Surrey Athletic Park (Vortex teams only)
- Misfit Cup - June 23/24 at Burnaby Lake Complex, Burnaby
- BCUC - July 14/15 at Newton Athletic Park, Surrey
- Vortex Cup - August 12 at Newton Athletic Park (regional teams only)
- Mini-Nats - late-Aug at location to be announced, Vancouver
Canadian Ultimate Championships (CUC)
Location: Brampton, ON
Dates: August 12-16, 2018 (for youth)
Website: CUC 2018
For Touring teams traveling to CUC, full details to be announced soon, including itinerary, travel plans, medical care, and meals.