Sport Accident Insurance

As a service to members, the VUL is covered by a Sport Accident Insurance policy.

Our policy provides supplementary coverage, meaning it covers costs that are not covered by other insurance insurance plans, including MSP and any extended health plan you may have through work. That is, you need to use MSP and extended health first, and then our insurance may cover some of the leftover costs.

To apply for coverage, follow these steps:

1. Visit the insurer's website: SBC Insurance

2. Click "Sport Organizations" in the sidebar and read the description of what's covered under "Sport Accident Insurance". Ensure that any costs for which you wish to submit a claim are covered under this insurance.

3. Click "Forms" in the sidebar, download and complete the Athletic Accident Claim form. Send it to the League Manager via:

  • email:
  • fax: 604-909-1812, or
  • mail: 53540 - 984 West Broadway, Vancouver, BC, V5Z 1K0

Include any required supplemental documentation (see the policy) from your doctor or dentist, if applicable.

4. The VUL will authorize the claim and submit it to SBC for processing. Note that this step must be completed within 90 days of the accident.

Contact us if you have any questions!