We're looking to welcome some new female-matching players to our roster this year! Life, travel, and school have cost us a few too many of our returning ladies!
Our teams are:
- Fun, supportive, spirited
- Competitive - we like to play hard, but don't sacrifice spirit or moving the disc around for it.
- Closer to our 30's in terms of age - which means we do things like bring tents on rainy days and yell things like, "You used to catch that when you were 18!" (and are welcoming of all ages!)
- Into BBQ - on-field BBQ is a real problem for us as it usually means twisting arms to get people to play points. The upside is that we're often eating, so, decent trade-off.
Specifically, each team has it's own flavour:
- Thursday: Competitive play and player development blended together - great team to get or give coaching and try things you wouldn't normally (no-look thumbers). Each year we add a few new players who are new to the game and try to help them grow. Most of the roster are people who started playing w/ us! -- Div 3
- Tuesday: Focused on spirited, competitive play. Won div II last year (by relying on iso'ing our ladies). Great team for a seasoned player who wants a nice blend of competition and fun. -- Div 2
Should you join us? Well probably, if any anything above sounds good to you, and these statements describe you:
- You've been playing ultimate for a few years, or are 'graduating' from some other sports and would like some coaching to help grow as an ulti player.
- You believe that competitive play and spirited play go hand-in-hand and have a high standard for what that looks like on the field (i.e., no on-field shouting matches)
- Think Ryan Reynolds is cool. Detective Pikachu in theaters soon and I can't wait.
- Are looking to play on Tues/Thurs this summer in Div 2/3.
- (oh and are female-matching).
Extra bonus points if you're willing to be an assistant captain or are comfortable in a leadership role - we'd love if you were willing to mentor some of our newer players and be an on-field leader if that's who you are!
Hit me up here by commenting if you're interested! (I'm purposely not including my phone # so I don't get any more CRA scam calls :->)