Playoffs started this week for Summer League! Some reminders and updates for players:
Most playoff games are single-headers. See the Single Format rules (C.3) for differences from double-headers, including:
- One games to 17 points, capped at 19.
- Optional 5-minute half-time when first team reaches 9 (but no "mirrored-halves").
Reminder: To eligible for playoffs you must be on your team's roster and have played at least 5 regular season games. We’ve given guidance to captains for what to do if your team is short players.
Playoffs will run for 3-weeks until August 19.
- Normally 10-team divisions have just 2 weeks of playoffs starting next week, but we added an initial “seeding week” this year to make a 3-week schedule.
- We also created a few 6-team divisions for more balanced games on a few nights.
If you’re curious, view our playoff brackets to see how games will flow!
Reminder: Monday teams will not play on BC Day (Aug 5) and will go one week later to finish on August 19 instead.
The details for your next playoff game will only appear after your captain submits a report for your previous game. If your next game is “TBD”, you can remind them to submit scores.
We’re working on a few bugs related to playoffs:
1. Attendance emails: Last week some emails said you had two games this week when in fact you only had one. That issue has been fixed.
2. Teams in 6-team & 10-team divisions may see other issues:
- Team Schedule page: It may be confusing who your opponent is. The schedule should be clear as soon reports are submitted for both previous games.
- Game Attendance page: It may show one game when in fact you have two. Your team’s schedule page will be correct - check that page to confirm how many games you have.
- We’re working to fix these two issues as soon as possible.
We have a few extra fields booked from August 20-22 for “Challenge Week”. Do you have a favourite opponent? Challenge them to an extra fun game! Or do you have many friends on other teams? Gather everyone together for a big pickup game and BBQ.
To book a field, fill out the Challenge Week Sign-up Google Sheet.
Spirited Player Awards
Lastly, a reminder that we recognize two players every year who best exemplify Spirit of the Game in their conduct on and off the field.
Is there someone on your team or another team that deserves recognition? Please nominate them! Read more about these awards