If your question is not answered below, please feel free to email Tech Support for assistance: email@example.com
- How do I reset or change my password?
- My account is blocked
- I'm not getting emails from the website
- Where is the consent form?
- How do I manage my team's roster?
- How do I change captains on my team?
- My captain sent me an invite to join the team, but I didn't receive it.
- How do I find my next game?
- How do I turn attendance reminder emails on or off?
- How do I get Game Status updates by SMS?
If you are signed out:
- Go to http://vul.ca/user/password (accessed from the Sign In page)
- Enter your email address. You will receive an email with a link.
- Click the link -- that will sign you in, and take you to your Profile page.
- Enter a new password on your Profile page, and click Save.
If you are signed in:
- Go to your profile page (click "Account Settings" on the home page)
- Enter a new password. You will need to enter your old password for security reasons. If you do not remember your old password, sign out and then follow the "signed out" steps above.
If you get an error message saying your email address is "not valid or not registered", that means you did not activate your account. See My account is blocked.
When you first create your account, your account starts out as blocked. The website sends you an activation email, and you need to click the link in that email to activate your account. The subject will be "Account details for [your email address]".
If you didn't receive that message, see I'm not getting emails from the website.
To request a new activation email, select "Activate Account" from the Sign In page.
If you continue to have problems, email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
1. First check your spam folder.
2. If you can't find the emails there, then add the VUL as a "safe sender" in your email settings (include "vul.ca" and "vul.bc.ca" domains), and then try again.
To update your settings in Hotmail or Outlook.com:
- Sign in to your account at www.outlook.com
- Click the gear icon at the top, and select Options
- Click "Safe and blocked senders"
- Click "Safe senders"
- In the "Sender or domain to mark as safe" box:
- enter "vul.ca" and click "Add To List"
- enter "vul.bc.ca" and click "Add To List"
3. If you still aren't getting emails, email email@example.com for assistance.
The Consent Agreements part of now your profile. It is no longer a separate form.
- When you create a new account, you are asked for the type of account you need.
- If you select Adult or Youth Player, you'll be prompted to agree to the Spirit Agreement and Statement of Consent at that time.
- If you select Guest or Parent, you do not have to Consent to play. If you later register play in a league, you'll be prompted to consent then.
- We require members to Consent on an annual basis. When you register for a league or join a team's roster, if you haven't agreed to the Statement of Consent yet for that year, you'll be prompted to do so at that time.
We support Visa, MasterCard, Diner's Club, and American Express.
If you are the new Captain of an existing team, the previous Captain needs to make you Owner of the team before you can register that team for a league.
Ask the previous Captain to:
- Visit your team's page (it should appear on their MyVUL page)
- Click "Edit" in the top right
- Change the Team Owner to you.
Then you'll be able to register the team for a new league.
Captains can manage their team's roster on their team page.
- Sign-In if you are not already
- Go to your Edit Roster page. There are two ways:
- From MyVUL, click "Edit Roster" for your team.
- Or from your team page, select "Edit" above your team's roster in the sidebar.
To add players:
- Scroll down to the Invite Players section. You can invite players in two ways:
- Enter their email addresses in the edit box (separated by commas)
- Or click "Show past team members" to select from a list of past players
- If you wish to add a personal note to the invite email, click "Customize the invite message" and add your note.
- Then click Send Invites when done.
Once players are on your roster, you chose their role, and track which ones have paid their fees to you.
- Using the dropdown for each player, select from Captain, Assistant Captain, Player, or Sub. Note you can only have one Captain.
- Select your Rules Guru using the dropdown below the list of players.
Some things you can try:
- Check the spam folder in your email account. Search for messages from "vul". If you find it, mark it as "not spam" so future messages don't go to your spam folder.
- Ensure you can receive our messages, and then ask your captain to resend the invite.
- Sign-in and visit your MyVUL page. Under Messages, you'll see a link to accept the invite. We'd recommend you still ensure you can receive our messages, so you can get other notices in the future.
Also note the captain can send the invite to any email address you have. It doesn't matter what address the invite is sent to - just ensure you sign-in with your VUL account to accept the invite.
There are three ways:
- If you are on your team's roster, just sign-in and click "MyVUL" (at the top) to view the schedule for all of your teams.
- From that page you can also view other information about your teams.
- Team schedule
- Select your league under the Games menu
- Find and click on your team's name
- Click View Schedule in the sidebar
- League schedule:
- Select your league under the Games menu
- Click Schedule in the sidebar
- Find the day of your next game (Tip: use the filters at the top of the page)
Attendance reminder emails are sent a few days before game day. The email shows your current attendance status for games that day (Yes, No, Maybe), and allows you to change your status with one click.
- Captains can activate or deactivate Attendance Reminders for their team by editing their team's settings.
- To edit your team's settings, from your team page click "Edit" on the top right, just below the search box.
- Players can choose to receive attendance reminders or not for all of their teams by editing their profile.
- To edit your profile, Sign-In if you are not already, and then in the green menu at the very top, hover over your name and select "Edit Profile".
We post Game Status updates to the @vulgames twitter account. To receive updates via SMS:
- If you have a Twitter account:
- Add your phone to your account if you haven't done so already.
- Text "follow vulgames" to 21212.
- If you don't have a Twitter account:
- Just text "follow vulgames" to 21212.
Society's understanding of gender identity has changed significantly over the last few decades, and it's now recognized that other genders exist beyond the traditional binary genders (man, woman). The VUL seeks to be inclusive in our operations, so we differentiate between Gender Identity and Gender Matching:
- Gender Identity is a person's internal and psychological sense of oneself as a man, woman, in between, both or neither. We no longer use Gender Identity for matching against opponents.
- "Gender Matching" is our way of balancing respect for various gender identities with practical requirements of mixed ultimate games. Players are asked to select which gender they would be most comfortable matching up against: Man or Woman. This selection is used for game play, whereas Gender Identity is kept private and confidential.
Read more about our approach to Transgender Inclusivity.