The U16 skills program is focused on fun, team play dynamics, and building upon individual skills.
Led by experienced instructors, players will develop a further appreciation for spirit of the game, develop team work skills and continue to develop their ultimate skills at an intermediate level.
This is a great opportunity for ages 13-15 to experience a variety of drills, activities and participate in scrimmages which combines everything they learn during this weekly program.
- Format: A co-ed skills development program with a mix of drills, activities and scrimmages
- Duration: 8 weeks (see dates below).
- Locations & Times - you have two options to choose from:
- Age: 13-15 years old
- Inclusivity: All players are welcome, including LGBTQ2+ and transgender.
Cleats or runners can be used on grass fields, but we recommend cleats.
Everyone must bring a dark AND white t-shirt. If you don't have one, or would like to get a VUL reversible shirt, then please choose that option during the registration process. Check here for a sizing guide.
All programs will adhere to social distancing guidelines.
2021 Important Dates
|August 16||Online Registration Opens|
|September 11/12||Program Begins (Saturday/Sunday)|
|September 21||Online Registration Closes|
|October 9/10||No activities due to Thanksgiving|
|November 6/7||Program Ends (Saturday/Sunday)|
|Single with VUL reversible jersey||$100|
How to register
All players should be age 13 to 15 (as of December 31 this year). However, we will consider younger kids joining on a case-by-case basis.
This is not a team based program. We divide players up based upon skill level. However, everyone will have a chance to play with each other as we move through the various skills and games.
Complete these steps to register:
- All registration is done online, and payment can be done online with a major credit card, or you can give us a cheque/cash the first time you attend the program.
- Before the first game, all players must create an account on this website, and agree to the Statement of Consent.
- On an annual basis, all players must provide Parental Consent. This is now done online. When a player registers, they are asked for their parent or guardian's contact information. Emails are then sent to the player and parent/guardian with instructions on how to provide consent.
To view BC Ultimate and the VUL's Return to Play plans, please see our VUL Response to COVID-19 article.