A fun mix of skills clinics and games for high-school players!
This co-ed league is a developmental league which includes 1 hour of skills clinics and 1 hour of game play using our 5-on-5 "turf format". Players sub "on the fly" from the sideline, which helps you keep warm. And with 5 players, each person tends to get more touches of the disc, which its great for improving disc skills. See the rules page for full details.
- Format: Co-ed Hat League games with 5-on-5 format, plus 1 hour skills clinics each night.
- Duration: 9 weeks (see dates below).
- Times: Sunday evenings, 6-8 pm.
- Location: Empire N turf field
- Age: 14-18 years old
Learn new techniques and strategies from expert instructors, and then practice them in a game!
Cleats or runners can be used on synthetic turf fields, but we recommend cleats.
How to register
All players should be in high school, from age 14 to 18 (grade 8-12, as of December 31 this year). However, we will consider younger kids joining on a case-by-case basis.
You can register by yourself or with 1-2 friends (no teams), and the VUL will form all teams.
Complete these steps to register:
- All registration is done online, and payment can be done online with a major credit card, or you can give us a cheque/cash the first time you attend the program. For Duos and Trios, only one person in a group needs to register and pay.
- Before the first game, all players must create an account on this website, and agree to the Statement of Consent.
- On an annual basis, all players must provide Parental Consent. This is now done online. When a player registers, they are asked for their parent or guardian's contact information. Emails are then sent to the player and parent/guardian with instructions on how to provide consent.
If you have any questions, please email the Youth Coordinator: email@example.com.
Important Dates for 2016
|August 22||Online Registration Opens|
|September 25||Clinics and Games Start|
|October 5||Online Registration Closes|
|October 9||NO Clinics or Games - Thanksgiving|
|November 27||Clinics and Games Finish|
|Duo (2 people)||$60.00|
|Trio (3 people)||$90.00|
For Duos & Trios, at least one person must be female.