A great mix of skills clinics and games for high-school players!
In this weekly co-ed league, participants will receive a one-hour skills clinic followed by one-hour of 5-on-5 game play. This allows you to directly implement the skills you've just learned into your playing! 5-on-5 is a great format for fall and winter, because the fewer players and frequent subbing ensures that you'll stay warm. You'll also touch the disc more, which is great for disc skill improvement. See the rules page for full details.
- Format: Co-ed Hat League games with 5-on-5 format, plus 1 hour skills clinics each night.
- Duration: 9 weeks (see dates below).
- Times: Sunday evenings, 6-8 pm.
- Location: Empire N turf field
- Age: 14-18 years old
Learn new techniques and strategies from expert instructors, and then practice them in a game!
Cleats or runners can be used on synthetic turf fields, but we recommend cleats.
How to register
All players should be in high school, from age 14 to 18 (grade 8-12, as of December 31 this year). However, we will consider younger kids joining on a case-by-case basis.
You can register by yourself or with 1-2 friends (no teams), and the VUL will form all teams.
Complete these steps to register:
- All registration is done online, and payment can be done online with a major credit card, or you can give us a cheque/cash the first time you attend the program. For Duos and Trios, only one person in a group needs to register and pay.
- Before the first game, all players must create an account on this website, and agree to the Statement of Consent.
- On an annual basis, all players must provide Parental Consent. This is now done online. When a player registers, they are asked for their parent or guardian's contact information. Emails are then sent to the player and parent/guardian with instructions on how to provide consent.
If you have any questions, please email the Youth Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Dates for 2016
|August 22||Online Registration Opens|
|September 25||Clinics and Games Start|
|October 5||Online Registration Closes|
|October 9||NO Clinics or Games - Thanksgiving|
|November 27||Clinics and Games Finish|
|Duo (2 people)||$60.00|
|Trio (3 people)||$90.00|
For Duos & Trios, at least one person must be female.