A great mix of skills clinics and games for high-school players!
In this weekly co-ed league, participants will receive a one-hour skills clinic followed by one-hour of game play. This means that participants will be able to implement the skills they've just learned into their playing!
The fall program uses a slightly different format for game play: 5-on-5 rather than the traditional 7-on-7. It's a faster game with subbing on the fly, so participants stay warm! This also has the added benefit of ensuring everyone touches the disc more. See the rules page for full details.
- Format: Co-ed Hat League games with 5-on-5 format, plus 1 hour skills clinics each night.
- Duration: 9 weeks (see dates below).
- Times: Sunday evenings, 6-8 pm.
- Location: Empire N turf field
- Age: 14-18 years old
Learn new techniques and strategies from expert instructors, and then practice them in a game!
Cleats or runners can be used on synthetic turf fields, but we recommend cleats.
Everyone must bring a dark AND white t-shirt. If you don't have one, or would like to get a VUL reversible t-shirt, then please choose that option during the registration process.
Important Dates for 2017
|August 15||Online Registration Opens|
|September 24||Clinics and Games Start|
|October 6||Online Registration Closes|
|October 8||NO Clinics or Games - Thanksgiving|
|November 26||Clinics and Games Finish|
|Single with VUL t-shirt||$55.00|
How to register
All players should be in high school, from age 14 to 18 (grade 8-12, as of December 31 this year). However, we will consider younger kids joining on a case-by-case basis.
This is not a team based program. We divide players up based upon skill level. However, everyone will have a chance to play with each other as we move through the various skills and games.
Complete these steps to register:
- All registration is done online, and payment can be done online with a major credit card, or you can give us a cheque/cash the first time you attend the program.
- Before the first game, all players must create an account on this website, and agree to the Statement of Consent.
- On an annual basis, all players must provide Parental Consent. This is now done online. When a player registers, they are asked for their parent or guardian's contact information. Emails are then sent to the player and parent/guardian with instructions on how to provide consent.