If your question is not answered below, please contact us for assistance.
Accounts & Profiles
- How do I reset or change my password?
- My account is blocked
- I'm not receiving emails from the VUL
- Where is the consent form?
- What is Gender Matching, including "women-matching" and "men-matching"?
- How do I become a captain so that I can register a team?
- What credit cards do you support?
- Why do I pay membership fees for each program?
- How do I manage my team's roster?
- How do I change roles on my team?
- My captain sent me an invite to join a team. Why haven't I received it?
How do I reset or change my password?
If you are signed out of your account:
- Go to the password reset page and enter your email address.
- You will receive an email with instructions for how to reset your password.
If you are signed into your account:
- Go to your My Account > Profile > Settings page.
- Enter a new password. You will need to enter your old password for security reasons. If you do not remember your old password, sign out and follow the instructions above.
My account is blocked
If your account has been blocked, contact us to request reactivation.
I'm not receiving emails from the VUL
- Check your spam folder.
- Add the VUL as a "safe sender" in your email settings (include "vul.ca" and "vul.bc.ca" as trusted domains).
- If you still aren't receiving emails, contact us for assistance.
Where is the consent form?
We require members to provide consent on an annual basis. Consent forms are digitally signed during program registration. If you are a youth player (under 19 years old) you are also required to provide Parental Consent. After you register for a program or roster for a team, an email will automatically be sent to your parent or guardian to ask them to provide consent for you to play.
What is Gender Matching, including "women-matching" and "men-matching"?
The Society's understanding of gender identity has changed over the last few decades, and it's now recognized that other genders exist beyond the traditional binary genders (man, woman). The VUL seeks to be inclusive in our operations, so we differentiate between Gender Identity and Gender Matching:
- Gender Identity is a person's internal and psychological sense of oneself as a man, woman, in between, both or neither. We no longer use Gender Identity for matching against opponents during games. A member's Gender Identity is kept private and confidential.
- Gender Matching is our way of balancing respect for various gender identities with practical requirements of mixed ultimate games. Players are asked to select which gender they are most comfortable matching up against on the field: Man or Woman. This selection is used for game play.
Read more about our approach to Transgender Inclusivity.
How do I become a captain so that I can register a team?
If you are the new captain of an existing team, the previous captain needs to make you the "owner" of the team before you can register that team for an upcoming league. Ask the previous captain to:
- Visit your team's page (it should appear on their MyVUL page).
- Click "Edit [team name]" in the top right of the page. This will open the "Edit Team" page.
- Change the "Team Owner" to you.
What credit cards do you support?
We support Visa, Visa Debit, MasterCard, and American Express.
Why do I pay membership fees for each program?
We include a membership fee for most of our programs. There are various reasons for this, but the main one is that we don't require all players to purchase a separate one-time membership every year. That makes life easier for players and us. You can think of membership fees for a program as covering some of the non-program-specific costs required to support that program. If we did not charge membership for a given program, we'd need to increase other fees to compensate. Rest assured you're not being overcharged.
How do I manage my team's roster?
Captains can manage their team's roster from their team page:
- Sign-in to your account.
- Go to your team page, then click "Manage" in the "Roster" box. This will open the "Manage Roster" page.
To add players to your roster:
- Insert the email addresses of the players you want to invite in the "Invite Players" box. Multiple players should be separated by commas. Click "Send Invite".
- An email invitation will be sent to each player.
- If you wish to add a personal note to the invite email, click "Customize the invite message" and add your note.
How do I change roles on my team?
If you are the captain of a team, you can change the role of any member of your roster. This is done from the "Manage Roster" page.
- When viewing the list of people on the roster of your team, click the pencil icon in the "Role" column of the person that you want to change.
- Using the drop-down menu, select the new role for that person. Note that a team can have only one Captain.
- Select your team's "Rules Guru" using the pencil icon below the list of players.
My captain sent me an invite to join a team. Why haven't I received it?
- Ensure you can receive our messages, and then ask your captain to resend the invite.
- Sign-in and visit your MyVUL page. In the "Reminders" section you'll see a link to accept the invitation.
How do I find my next game?
There are three ways:
- Your MyVUL page, which displays all of your active teams and games.
- Your team's "Team Schedule" page: select your league from the Schedule menu, then find and click on your team's name, then click "View Schedule" from the sidebar.
- The league schedule page: select your league from the Schedule menu, then click "Schedule" in the sidebar, then find the day of your next game.
How do I turn attendance reminder emails on or off?
Attendance reminder emails are sent a few days before game day. The email shows your current attendance status for any games that day (Yes, No, or Maybe), and allows you to change your status with one click.
Captains can activate or deactivate attendance reminder emails for their whole team from their team settings page (from the team page, click the "Edit [team name]" link in the top right).
Players can choose whether to receive attendance reminder emails for all of their teams through their profile settings. After signing-in, go to My Account > Profile > Settings. Then find the "Contact Options" section to change the setting.