If your question is not answered below, please feel free to email Tech Support for assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org
Accounts & Profiles
- How do I reset or change my password?
- My account is blocked
- I'm not getting emails from the website
- Where is the consent form?
- What is Gender Matching, including "women-matching" and "men-matching"?
- How do I become captain so I can register a team?
- What credit cards do you support?
- Why do I pay membership fees for each program?
- How do I manage my team's roster?
- How do I change captains on my team?
- My captain sent me an invite to join the team, but I didn't receive it.
- How do I find my next game?
- How do I turn attendance reminder emails on or off?
- How do I get Game Status updates by SMS?
If you are signed out:
- Go to http://vul.ca/user/password (accessed from the Sign In page)
- Enter your email address. You will receive an email with a link.
- Click the link -- that will sign you in, and take you to your Profile page.
- Enter a new password on your Profile page, and click Save.
If you are signed in:
- Go to your profile page (click "Account Settings" on the home page)
- Enter a new password. You will need to enter your old password for security reasons. If you do not remember your old password, sign out and then follow the "signed out" steps above.
If you get an error message saying your email address is "not valid or not registered", that means you did not activate your account. See My account is blocked.
If your account has been blocked, you can request an activation email. On the Sign In page, select "Activate Account".
If you continue to have problems, email email@example.com for assistance.
1. First check your spam folder.
2. If you can't find the emails there, then add the VUL as a "safe sender" in your email settings (include "vul.ca" and "vul.bc.ca" domains), and then try again.
To update your settings in Hotmail or Outlook.com:
- Sign in to your account at www.outlook.com
- Click the gear icon at the top, and select Options
- Click "Safe and blocked senders"
- Click "Safe senders"
- In the "Sender or domain to mark as safe" box:
- enter "vul.ca" and click "Add To List"
- enter "vul.bc.ca" and click "Add To List"
3. If you still aren't getting emails, email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
The Consent forms are part of registration. We require members to provide Consent on an annual basis.
- When you register for a program or join a team's roster, if you haven't provided consent for the current year yet, you will be prompted to accept the Participant Agreements for this year.
- If you are a youth player (under 19) you are also required to provide Parental Consent. After you register or roster, an email will be sent do your parent or guardian to ask them to provide consent for you to play. See the Registration Guidelines for more information.
Society's understanding of gender identity has changed over the last few decades, and it's now recognized that other genders exist beyond the traditional binary genders (man, woman). The VUL seeks to be inclusive in our operations, so we differentiate between Gender Identity and Gender Matching:
- Gender Identity is a person's internal and psychological sense of oneself as a man, woman, in between, both or neither. We no longer use Gender Identity for matching against opponents during games.
- "Gender Matching" is our way of balancing respect for various gender identities with practical requirements of mixed ultimate games. Players are asked to select - based on their gender identity - which gender they are most comfortable matching up against on the field: Man or Woman. This selection is used for game play, whereas Gender Identity is kept private and confidential.
- Note: Your selection for Gender Match should be based on your gender identity, and not other factors like desire for more or less competitive play. For example, cisgender men should not select "woman" because they are open to playing against women, and vice versa for cisgender women. Gender Match should be based on your gender identity.
Read more about our approach to Transgender Inclusivity.
If you are the new captain of an existing team, the previous captain needs to make you Owner of the team before you can register that team for a league.
Ask the previous captain to:
- Visit your team's page (it should appear on their MyVUL page)
- Click "Edit" in the top right
- Change the Team Owner to you.
Then you'll be able to register the team for a new league.
We support Visa, Visa Debit, MasterCard, and American Express.
Support for Visa Debit was added in July 2019.
We include a membership fee for most of our programs. There are various reasons for this, but the main one is that we don't require all players to purchase a separate one-time membership every year. That makes life easier for players and us. You can think of membership fees for a program as covering some of the non-program-specific costs required to support that program. If we did not charge membership (or refunded membership) for a given program, we'd just need to increase the Activity fee to compensate to cover our costs. Rest assured you're not being overcharged.
Captains can manage their team's roster on their team page.
- Sign-In if you are not already
- Go to your Edit Roster page. There are two ways:
- From MyVUL, click "Edit Roster" for your team.
- Or from your team page, select "Edit" above your team's roster in the sidebar.
To add players:
- Scroll down to the Invite Players section. You can invite players in two ways:
- Enter their email addresses in the edit box (separated by commas)
- Or click "Show past team members" to select from a list of past players
- If you wish to add a personal note to the invite email, click "Customize the invite message" and add your note.
- Then click Send Invites when done.
Once players are on your roster, you chose their role, and track which ones have paid their fees to you.
- Using the dropdown for each player, select from Captain, Assistant Captain, Player, or Sub. Note you can only have one Captain.
- Select your Rules Guru using the dropdown below the list of players.
Some things you can try:
- Check the spam folder in your email account. Search for messages from email@example.com. If you find it, mark it as "not spam" so future messages don't go to your spam folder.
- Ensure you can receive our messages, and then ask your captain to resend the invite. Sign-in and visit your MyVUL page. Under Messages, you'll see a link to accept the invite. We recommend you still ensure you can receive our messages, so you can get other notices in the future.
Also note the captain can send the invite to any email address you have. It doesn't matter what address the invite is sent to - just ensure you sign-in with your VUL account to accept the invite.
There are three ways:
- MyVUL page
- If you are on your team's roster, sign-in and click "MyVUL" in the green menu to view the schedule for all of your teams.
- From that page you can also view other information about your teams.
- Team schedule page
- Select your league under the Games menu
- Find and click on your team's name
- Click View Schedule in the sidebar
- League schedule page
- Select your league under the Games menu
- Click Schedule in the sidebar
- Find the day of your next game (Tip: use the filters at the top of the page)
Attendance reminder emails are sent a few days before game day. The email shows your current attendance status for games that day (Yes, No, Maybe), and allows you to change your status with one click.
- Captains can activate or deactivate Attendance Reminders for their team by editing their team's settings.
- To edit your team's settings, from your team page click "Edit" on the top right, just below the search box.
- Players can choose to receive attendance reminders or not for all of their teams by editing their profile.
- To edit your profile, Sign-In if you are not already, and then in the green menu at the very top, hover over your name and select "Edit Profile".
We post Game Status updates to the @vulgames twitter account.
To receive updates via SMS:
- If you already follow us on Twitter, text "on vulgames" to 21212.
- If you don't follow us yet, text "follow vulgames" to 21212
To stop receiving SMS updates, send "off vulgames" to 21212.