As a service to members, the VUL is covered by a Sport Accident insurance policy.
Our policy provides supplementary coverage, meaning it covers costs that are not covered by other insurance insurance plans, including MSP and any extended health plan you may have through work. That is, you need to use MSP and extended health first, and then our insurance may cover some of the leftover costs.
If you're wondering what's covered, you can read the details here: http://sportbc.com/insurance/. Please note that physiotherapist, chiropractor, and osteopath services require a physician's referral.
To apply for coverage, follow these steps:
1. Download the Claim Form from SBC Insurance.
2. Complete the form and send it to the League Manager in one of these ways:
- email: LM@vul.ca (preferred)
- mail: Box 20093, Fairview PO, Vancouver, BC V5Z 0C1
Include any required supplemental documentation - see page 2 of the Claim Form for details.
3. The VUL will authorize the claim and return it to you to submit directly to firstname.lastname@example.org for processing.
Note that all claims must be submitted within 90 days of the accident. If treatment is not complete within 90 days, please email email@example.com and LM@vul.ca before 90 days to begin the claim process. Any claims initiated after 90 days is up to the insurance provider's discretion.
Contact us if you have any questions!