Sport Accident Insurance

As a service to members, the VUL is covered by a Sport Accident Insurance policy.

Our policy provides supplementary coverage, meaning it covers costs that are not covered by other insurance plans, including MSP and any extended health plan you may have through work. That is, you need to use MSP and extended health first, and then our insurance may cover some of the leftover costs.

If you have questions about the insurance policy or coverage: Please email Cameron at and reference Vancouver Ultimate League. Please note, members cannot request changes to the policy. Claims must be submitted within 90 days of the accident.  Any claims initiated after 90 days is up to the insurance provider's discretion.

To apply for coverage, follow these steps:

1. Download the Claim Form from SBC Insurance.

2. Complete the form and send it to the VUL Office in one of these ways:

  • email: (preferred)
  • mail: Box 20093, Fairview PO, Vancouver, BC  V5Z 0C1

Include any required supplemental documentation - see page 2 of the Claim Form for details.

3. The VUL will review your claim and once validated, forward it to our insurance provider, Markel.


Return to Benefits