After a long school and summer club season, it's time to get down to business and just have some fun playing. We have fields. We have cones. Now we need YOU!
5v5 is a fantastic way to get some playing time without tons of structure, meet new people and enjoy the fall weather. Due to the nature of a drop-in program, game formats may vary weekly depending on the number of attendees.
- Format: Pick up league weekly scrimmages with varying format.
- Duration: September 24 – December 10 (11 weeks)
- Timeslot: Sundays - 4pm to 6pm, excluding October 8th (Thanksgiving weekend)
- Schedule: 2 hour per session
- Location: Sundays 4pm - 6pm at Newton Athletic Park (Field #4)
- Age: Age14 to 18 years as of December 31st of the ongoing year. However, we will consider younger kids joining on a case-by-case basis.
- Inclusivity: All players are welcome, including LGBTQ2+ and transgender.
- Equipment needed: Water bottle, Cleats or runners can be used on synthetic turf fields, but we recommend cleats. Everyone must bring a dark AND light t-shirt. You can purchase a VUL reversible jersey during the registration process.
Important Dates for 2023
|Registration Opens||September 1, 2023|
|Registration Closes||October 14, 2023|
|Program Starts||September 24, 2023|
|No session due to Thanksgiving||October 8, 2023|
|Last Program Session||December 10, 2023|
Fees for 2023
- Single - $30.00. Fees include GST, VUL Membership etc.
How to Register
Complete these steps to register:
- Registration will be open on a first-come, first-serve basis once registration opens.
- Registration is completed online. We accept payment by credit card, Visa Debit, or e-transfer.
- If a player U19 registers themselves, they must also get Parental Consent. Emails are sent to the player and parent/guardian with instructions.
- Read the before your register page and then register online once registration opens.