Do you love feeling of running on grass and the open space of 7-on-7 ultimate? Fall grass league is like an extension of Summer League, because for many of us, one season on grass just isn't enough!
Play 8 weeks of Fall-timate on good grass fields at central locations in the city. This league is timed to take advantage of the remaining good weather in September and October before the November rain arrives.
Talk to your Summer team about continuing to play together, or create a new team just for Fall. If you're looking for a team, read how to find a team to join!
New for 2019!
All timeslots will be Single-Header. You'll play one longer game to 17 or more points, rather than two shorter ones. Why the change?
- Better fields: We'll be able to use a wider variety of much better fields.
- Balanced games: You'll play more games against teams of similar skill.
- Shorter time: Enjoy 2 hours of fun ultimate, and then get on with your day!
Fees have been reduced by $50 per team, as well!
- Format: Standard league with 7-on-7 format.
- Duration: 8 weeks from Sept 7 to Nov 3.
- May be extended 1-2 weeks if there are any weather cancellations
- Timeslots: Choose from 3 options: Saturday AM, Sunday AM or Sunday PM
- AM games are 10am-12pm. PM games are 1pm-3pm
- You play in the same timeslot all season.
- Age: 19+, or 17+ with parental consent
- Inclusivity: All players are welcome, including LGBTQ2+ and transgender.
Important Dates for 2019
|July 29||Registration Opens for all teams|
|August 12||Registration Opens for Individuals (singles and duos)|
|August 27||All Registration Closes|
|September 4||Captains Meeting - Attendance Required- Trout Lake Community Centre 7:30pm|
|September 7-8||League games start|
|October 12-13||Thanksgiving Weekend - Games ON for Saturday, but OFF for Sunday|
|October 26||Saturday Games finish|
|November 2||BC Place Tournament (indoor 5-on-5)|
|November 3||Sunday Games finish|
|VUL Membership Fees||$150.00|
Teams must have a minimum of 12 players, but we recommend at least 15.
|Duo (2 people)||$80.00|
For Duo's, at least one player must be women-matching.
How to register
All teams must also send at least one captain to the Captain's Meeting. Captains who have less than 2 years experience as a Captain in the VUL must also attend a short Captain's Clinic on the same evening.