2020 Update: See our Fall Options article for this year's plans.
Year over year this league continues to grow because more and more ulti players are discovering how awesome speed-point ultimate is. This unique format is played in the evenings under lights so you never have to worry about cancellations due to weather.
With fewer players on the field, each person tends to get more touches of the disc, so it's a great league for improving your catching and throwing skills. On top of that, it's a really fun way to stay fit (and warm on the colder days) because you are constantly running. The good news, you can sub-off anytime you want.
Registration is team-based this year, not Hat. Gather your friends together and register a team!
Also, due to COVID-19, the league will be played as 4-on-4. We'll continue to use regular 5-on-5 rules (eg. sub on the fly, etc) with the following exceptions:
- Field Size is slightly smaller to give space on the sidelines for teams to be spaced - 20 yards x 60 yards with 10 yard endzones
- Gender matching ratio is 2M/2W
- MAXIMUM roster size of 14 (including subs!)
- Games played to 21
- Cohorts/Divisions of 4 teams playing each other with a one week bye to re-seed teams and change cohorts
- Format: Standard league with 5-on-5 rules - but played as 4-on-4 to reduce contact numbers for COVID.
- Double headers
- Duration: 10 weeks - see dates below. No games Oct 12-15 for reseeding.
- Timeslots: Choose from 2 options (you play in the same one all season):
- Monday League: games are 7-9 PM or 8-10 PM, depending on the field, games rotate
- Thursday League: 8-10 PM
- Age: 19+, or 17+ with parental consent
- Inclusivity: All players are welcome, including LGBTQ2+ and transgender.
This is an adult league. If you are a high school student, see the Fall Junior Turf league.
Important Dates for 2020
|September 4||Registration Opens for all teams|
|September 9||Registration Opens for individuals|
|September 17||All Registration Closes|
|September 20||Captains Meeting - Attendance Required - Virtual Meeting via Zoom|
|September 21||Games start|
|October 12 and 15||No games this week for re-seeding divisions|
|December 3||Games finish|
|Deposit to claim your spot||$100|
Teams must have a minimum of 10 players, but we recommend at least 12. The maximum is 14, including any subs.
If you don't have a team, you can register as a Single or Duo, and we'll attempt to form some teams.
|Duo (2 people)||$170.00|
* Note: For Duo's at least one person must be women-matching.
How to register