Status Update June 28
The VUL is hosting Surrey Ultimate again this summer!
The league is the same as in past years: 2 divisions with scheduled games on Sunday evenings, plus pickup on a weekday evening during part of the summer.
Space is limited!
- Format: Standard league with a co-ed 7-on-7 format.
- Duration: 15 weeks from the end of April to August (see dates below)
- Timeslot: Sundays from 6 to 8:30 p.m.
- Schedule: Two games to 13 points per night
- Location: Mainly Cloverdale Athletic Park, South Surrey Athletic Park , and Serpentine Heights Park (some other fields when necessary)
- Age: 19+, or 16+ with parental consent
- Inclusivity: All players are welcome, including LGBTQ2S+ and transgender.
If you have any questions, contact the Surrey Coordinator, Kristine, via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Dates for 2020
|March 16||Team Registration Opens|
|TBD||Individual Registration Opens|
|TBD||Free Beginner/Intermediate Skills Clinic at South Surrey Athletic Park #10 - Details TBA!|
|TBD||Registration Closes for Teams & Individuals|
|TBD||Mandatory Captain's Meeting (3:30-5 p.m.) & League Games Start|
|August 16||League Games End|
|July 9 to August 27||Thursday Pickup|
|Holidays||No games on the May and August long weekends|
NOTE that fees will be adjusted once we know how long the season will be.
The average roster has about 16 players, so the cost per player is less than $4 per week -- a good deal for 2+ hours of fun exercise! Membership includes the VUL, BC Ultimate, and Ultimate Canada.
|Duo (2 players)||$100|
|Trio (3 players)||$150|
At least one player of a Duo or Trio must be a women-matching player. Note: If you have a team to play with, you do NOT need to register for placement. You just need to pay your captain. See details below.
How to register
- Read the registration guidelines for Standard leagues, and register online once registration opens.
- When you register, you can pay just the deposit or the full amount. If you choose deposit, the balance is due before registration closes.
- After you register, invite your players to join your roster. You must have a minimum of 12 players when registration closes, but we recommend at least 16.
- All teams must send at least one captain to the Captain's Meeting.
If you find a team to join, you do NOT need to register for Placement or pay the VUL any fees. The captain will invite you to join their roster instead, and you will pay them a share of their Team fees.
If you cannot find a team, starting on April 1 you can register by yourself or with 1-2 friends (one person in a Duo or Trio must be women-matching), and we will try to create teams of individuals after registration closes. Placement is dependent on the number of registrants and is not guaranteed. NOTE for men-matching players: You will have a much better chance of being placed if you register in a Duo or Trio. If you cannot be placed on a team, your fees will be refunded.