The VUL is hosting Surrey Ultimate again this summer!
The league is the same as in past years: 2 divisions with scheduled games on Sunday evenings, plus pickup on a weekday evening during part of the summer.
Space is very limited - the league completely filled up in previous years. We might be able add a 3rd division, but register early to claim your spot!
- Format: Standard league with a co-ed 7-on-7 format.
- Duration: 15 weeks from April to August (see dates below)
- Timeslot: Sundays from 6 to 8:30 p.m.
- Schedule: Two games to 13 points per night
- Location: If 2 divisions, games will be at Cloverdale Athletic Park and South Surrey Athletic Park (and occasionally Newton Athletic Park). If we have enough teams for 3 divisions, we will add Frost Road Park and Serpentine Heights Park
- Age: 19+, or 16+ with parental consent
- Inclusivity: All players are welcome, including LGBTQ2S+ and transgender.
If you have any questions, contact the Surrey Coordinator, Kristine, via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Dates for 2019
|March 18||Team Registration Opens|
|April 1||Individual Registration Opens|
|April 14||Skills Clinic! Details TBA|
|April 21||Registration Closes|
|April 28||Mandatory Captain's Meeting & League Games Start|
|August 25||League Games End|
|July 4 to August 29||Thursday Pickup|
|Holidays||No games on the May, July, and August long weekends|
Note that Membership includes membership with the VULS, BC Ultimate, and Ultimate Canada.
The average roster has about 16 players, so the cost per player is less than $4 per week -- a good deal for 2+ hours of fun exercise!
|Duo (2 players)||$100|
|Trio (3 players)||$150|
At least one player of a Duo or Trio must be a women-matching player.
How to register
- Read the registration guidelines for Standard leagues, and register online once registration opens.
- When you register, you can pay just the deposit or the full amount. If you choose deposit, the balance is due before registration closes.
- After you register, invite your players to join your roster. You must have a minimum of 12 players when registration closes, but we recommend at least 16.
- All teams must send at least one captain to the Captain's Meeting.
If you find a team to join, you do not need to pay the VUL any fees. The captain will invite you to join their roster, and you will pay them a share of their Team fees.
If you cannot find a team, starting on April 1 you can register by yourself or with 1-2 friends, and we will try to create teams of individuals after registration closes. Placement is dependent on the number of registrants and is not guaranteed. NOTE for male-matching players: You will have a much better chance of being placed if you register in a Duo or Trio. If you cannot be placed on a team, your fees will be refunded.