2021 Update: Due to the current restrictions, Winter Grass League is cancelled for the season.
Start your weekend off right by chasing plastic on soft green grass! This league is perfect for Beginner to Intermediate players looking for a community vibe and some fun exercise.
New last year, this league will continue to be 5-on-5 format. You'll stay warm by subbing on the fly, and finish both games by noon - leaving the rest of your afternoon free. If games are cancelled, we will organize some other fun event in its place, so you can still socialize!
Plus, this is a Hat League! “Hat” doesn’t mean you need to wear a hat...although you could. It means players are randomly assigned to teams (in a balanced way) as if they were drawn from a hat. This is a fun way to meet new people in the ultimate community. You can register on your own or with 1-2 friends that you'd like to play with.
Play will look a little different this year, but still be the fun community to look forward to in the winter months. Some changes include:
- Cohort size limited to 56 players (only 50 people at the field at a time)
- 2 meter marks and distancing on the sidelines
- Format: Hat League with 5 on 5 format
- Duration: 9 weeks from February to March
- Timeslot: Saturday, 10 AM-12 PM.
- Schedule: Two games per day.
- Location: Grass fields in central Vancouver
- Age: 19+, or 17+ with parental consent
- Inclusivity: All players are welcome, including LGBTQ2+ and transgender.
Important Dates for 2021
|December 10||Registration Opens|
|February 5||All Registration Closes|
|March 27||Games Finish|
|Duo (2 people)||$100.00|
|Trio (3 people)||$150.00|
For Duo's and Trio's at least one person must be women-matching.
How to register