Updated June 5 - ready to go for 2021!
Our mother of all leagues played during Vancouver’s best weather!
With 230 teams, this league is one of the world's largest ultimate leagues. We have 7 divisions each night so there's room for everyone to play at their level.
We offer two options. Regular format is the most popular option - you play two games per night over 2.5 hours. Single format is for players with families or less time - you play one game over 2 hours. Single games are often near playgrounds to be family-friendly.
New to the VUL? Read How to Start Playing Ultimate as an Adult in Vancouver.
Playing Info for 2021
- Format: Standard league with a co-ed 7-on-7 format.
- Duration: 7-8 weeks from June to mid-August, plus optional fun games up to August 30.
- Formats & Schedule:
- Regular: Mon, Tues, Wed, or Thurs. Usually two games per night, starting at 6:30 or 7:00 pm.
- Single: Wednesday only. One game per night over 2 hours, usually from 6:30-8:30 pm.
- For both options you'll play on the same night all season.
- Location: We play at fields all over Vancouver, and rotate teams between fields over the season.
- Age: 19+, or 17+ with parental consent
- Inclusivity: All players are welcome, including LGBTQ2+ and transgender.
Important 2021 Notes
- Duration depends on the number of teams due to field constraints. We expect 8 weeks and will know when reg closes.
- Most captains preferred 7v7 this summer. If two teams are short players, they can play 5v5 that day.
- Safety is still paramount. We may start with 1m or 2m marks. Read about our Summer Safety Plans.
- Games will start at 6:30 pm sharp on grass, and 7:15 sharp on turf. Read more about Start Times
|June 7||Registration Opens for all teams|
|June 11||Registration Opens for Individuals (singles and duos)|
|June 18||All Registration Closes|
|June 24||Captains Meeting - online 7pm - 9pm|
|June 28||Leagues Games Start|
|August 2||BC Day, Games as scheduled|
|August 16||Monday League Games End|
|August 17 or 24||Tuesday League Games End*|
|August 18||Wednesday League Games End|
|August 19 or 26||Thursday League Games End*|
|Up to August 30||Challenge Games - schedule your own game against a favourite opponent|
*Teams on Tuesday and Thursday will play 1 week, either the week of August 17th or the week of August 24th.
See also our Tournament calendar for a list of local and regional events.
The cost per player is about $7-8 per week -- a great deal for hours of fun exercise!
If you register and need to withdraw, a refund will be provided you do so BEFORE registration closes.
We encourage you to find a team as many teams need players. If you cannot, you can register as a Single or Duo and the VUL will attempt to form a few teams.
|Duo (2 people)||$120.00|
For Duos and Trios, at least one person must be a women-matching player.
How to Register
All teams must send at least one captain to the Captain's Meeting. Captains who have less than 2 years experience as a Captain in the VUL must also attend a Captain's Clinic.