We Are Back for 2021!!!!
Do you know how excited we are to see you this fall at Van Tech??? This league was cancelled for the 2020 season, but we are back to see your cross field hammers, your awesome flow and see you have fun with your friends on the turf!
This league is great because it gives you and your high-school friends the opportunity to sign up as a team together and to play weekly in a fun but competitive environment.
5-on-5 is fast-paced, and with subs on the fly, you'll be sure to stay warm. As well, the smaller field size and fewer players ensures that you'll touch the disc a lot - it's perfect for improving all skills, from a basic flick to that lefty scoober you're itching to throw in a game!
If signing up as an individual, please take a look at our skill series programs. All these programs work on skills and have scrimmages. The U19 Turf League is for team registrations.
- Format: Co-ed Standard League with 5-on-5 format
- Duration: 8 weeks (see dates below)
- Times: Monday evenings, 7-9 pm.
- Location: Van Tech
- Age: 14-18 years old
- Inclusivity: All players are welcome, including LGBTQ2+ and transgender.
Cleats or runners can be used on synthetic turf fields, but we recommend cleats.
All programs will adhere to social distancing guidelines.
2021 Important Dates
|August 16||Online Registration Opens|
|October 1||Online Registration Closes|
|October 4||Captain/Chaperone Meeting; Games Start|
|October 11||NO Games - Thanksgiving|
|November 29||Games Finish|
2021 Team Fees
Team Fees include GST, VUL Membership etc.
* NOTE: If you provide your own Chaperone (or more) and they attend all games, we will refund $100 of your fee at the end of the season!
How to register
All players should be in high school, from age 14 to 18 (grade 8-12, as of December 31 this year). However, we will consider younger kids joining on a case-by-case basis.
Complete these steps to register:
To register a team, all registration is done online. Payment can be done online with a major credit card, or you can send us a cheque prior to the end of registration. Only the Captain needs to pay the Team fee (players pay the Captain).
After registering your team:
- Captains must complete their rosters by inviting players to join their team. See Help for instructions. Players will be asked to agree to the Statement of Consent, and confirm that they have Parental Consent to play. All players must be rostered before games start.
- If your team is providing their own Chaperone, Chaperones must complete a Conduct Form, then scan this completed document and send it to the Youth Manager before the league starts.
- All Chaperones and Team Captains must attend the Captain's Meeting on September 20th at Van Tech (meeting starts at 6:45 PM). This will be a quick meeting to discuss the logistics of the league, as well as expectations about conduct and fair play.